GE Transportation has been a part of EDC since 2007, but not until the beginning of 2016 has it become a separate business. The EDC part of GE Transportation operates in the railroad industry, focusing on modeling long-term contracts and providing service support for locomotive fleets around the globe, e.g. in USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, and Kazakhstan.
The team’s work is based on analysis of cost and operational data from the field as well as maintenance events data such as date, length, and repaired or replaced components. Team members use it to predict life of locomotives’ parts, optimize the process of maintenance and maintain long-term fleet contracts in the most precise way possible. At GE Transportation, we are looking to provide data-based innovations to the railway sector that will improve productivity, reliability, velocity and safety. Big data has jumpstarted a revolution across multiple business sectors and GE Transportation is dedicated to ensuring that our railway customers are onboard.
GE Transportation is a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power, drilling and energy storage industries. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today.
- 05/14/2018Top GE technologists visited EDC From Monday, May 7th to Thursday, May 10th at EDC we hosted 30 GE engineers from all over the world, who visited our Center to take part in the training: Fundamentals for Technologists (FFT). This 4-day workshop was dedicated to top technologists, who had from 2 to even 28 years of experience in GE. The goal of the training was to provide a broader perspective of what drives GE as a business and how our top technologists can drive gr...more >>
- 04/27/2018EDC Soccer Team finishes the season on the 2nd place On Friday, April 20th, during the Elit League Final Gala, our EDC Soccer Team received the awards for winning the 2nd place in the III Elit League – Autumn 2017 Season. In that Season EDC engineers played 8 regular and 2 play-off games (5W-1D-4L) and scored 37 goals. 4 of EDC team members were chosen as the Most Valuable Player of the Match: Filip Paczkowski – goalkeeper Arur Malinowski – striker Piotr Obarski – defender Karol He...more >>
- 04/23/2018EDC supported the development of mathematics in Poland Volunteers from EDC spent on of the April weekends in Pałac Domaniewski in Kowary near Radom on the XIII Polish Sudoku Championships and XXII Polish Puzzle Championships. EDC actively promotes interest in science and this is the reason why we decided to participate in this event for the 6th time. We helped the organizers checking the works of participants and watching over the course of the competition. During these two days we verified nearly 50...more >>
- 04/13/2018EDC engineers designed the engine for the best in its class plane in the BGA segment On Thursday, April 12th, the first Eastern European HondaJet with GE Honda HF120 engines, designed also by EDC engineers, was presented during the official appearance event at the Chopin-Warsaw Airport. Our engineers made significant contribution to the engine design. What’s more they provide continues engineering support to the engines of the whole HondaJet fleet. “I’m proud that EDC engineers have contributed to the creation of a turbojet en...more >>
- 04/05/2018We know the projects that got to the final of the GE Challenge We are pleased to inform that we have just finished another stage of the GE Challenge. This is a contest for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students from the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest is to promote talented young scientists, who will look for unconventional solutions that can contribute to the development of advanced technologi...more >>