GE Transportation has been a part of EDC since 2007, but not until the beginning of 2016 has it become a separate business. The EDC part of GE Transportation operates in the railroad industry, focusing on modeling long-term contracts and providing service support for locomotive fleets around the globe, e.g. in USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, and Kazakhstan.
The team’s work is based on analysis of cost and operational data from the field as well as maintenance events data such as date, length, and repaired or replaced components. Team members use it to predict life of locomotives’ parts, optimize the process of maintenance and maintain long-term fleet contracts in the most precise way possible. At GE Transportation, we are looking to provide data-based innovations to the railway sector that will improve productivity, reliability, velocity and safety. Big data has jumpstarted a revolution across multiple business sectors and GE Transportation is dedicated to ensuring that our railway customers are onboard.
GE Transportation is a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power, drilling and energy storage industries. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today.
- 09/07/2018Our delegation took part at the biggest military fair in Europe – MSPO 2018 This week, between Tuesday, September 4th and Friday, September 7th, GE delegation takes part in the 26th International Defence Industry Exhibition MSPO in Kielce – the biggest military fair in Europe. Last year, more than 35 000 guests visited the Exhibition, while 618 exhibitors from 27 counties showed their products there. We asked Krzysztof Połomski, Senior Business Development Manager, what he thinks about our stay at the exhibition. “I a...more >>
- 07/26/2018EDC engineer became the vice-champion of the world in gliding Łukasz Grabowski from GE Aviation won the 2nd place at the 35th FAI World Gliding Championships (WGC), in 15-meter class gliders. The competition was held in Ostrów Wielkopolski, from July 8th till 21st. We talked with Łukasz about his passion, success and gliding itself. EDC: At first, congratulations! Please tell us, how you combine working full-time job with gliding on the highest world level? ŁG: Gliding is the sport that you don’t ...more >>
- 07/20/2018Over 50 young engineers attended [email protected] training at our site From Monday, July 16th till Thursday, July 19th, at EDC we hosted the [email protected] training. Over 50 young engineers from all over the world and from various GE businesses: Aviation Engines, Aviation Systems, BHGE, Power, and Renewables) had a chance to explore our multidisciplinary engineering center’s facilities. The attractions included EDC laboratories tour (Materials Lab, Component Test Lab and Avionics Lab) and speeches given by EDC Managers, suc...more >>
- 07/16/2018US students visited EDC within the Presidential Scholarship In June 2018, 20 students from various US universities, visited EDC taking part in the 2nd edition of the Presidential Scholarship in Poland. They visited our laboratories and talked with our engineers about their projects and careers. The whole program was organized by GE, the Chancellery of the Polish President and the Polish-Slavic Federal Credit Union (PSFCU). It lasted 10 days and during that time student not only visited EDC, but also w...more >>
- 07/13/2018EDC takes part in the historical GE Power project On Thursday, July 12th GE signed a contract with two Polish Energy manufacturers Energa and Enea to build the 1000MWe ultra-supercritical coal power plant Ostrołęka C. Contract price: $ 1.7B Construction time: 54 months Contract type: turn key On behalf of GE Poland, the contract was signed by Sławomir Żygowski – President of GE Power in Poland. During the signature ceremony, EDC was represented by Marian Lubieni...more >>