GE Transportation has been a part of EDC since 2007, but not until the beginning of 2016 has it become a separate business. The EDC part of GE Transportation operates in the railroad industry, focusing on modeling long-term contracts and providing service support for locomotive fleets around the globe, e.g. in USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, and Kazakhstan.
The team’s work is based on analysis of cost and operational data from the field as well as maintenance events data such as date, length, and repaired or replaced components. Team members use it to predict life of locomotives’ parts, optimize the process of maintenance and maintain long-term fleet contracts in the most precise way possible. At GE Transportation, we are looking to provide data-based innovations to the railway sector that will improve productivity, reliability, velocity and safety. Big data has jumpstarted a revolution across multiple business sectors and GE Transportation is dedicated to ensuring that our railway customers are onboard.
GE Transportation is a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power, drilling and energy storage industries. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today.
- 05/22/201824 talented women joined the EDC Academy Last weekend we finished the series of 4 inspirational workshops of EDC Academy, under the brand of Pani Inżynier w Pracy. 24 female students from Polish technical universities learned how to build their careers and got to know how work in the technology industry looks like. They discovered the secrets of self-presentation art, visited EDC laboratories and got knowledge about what engineers at EDC do every day and became familiar with our organiz...more >>
- 05/22/2018EDC engineers took part in the HealthAhead Day Last week our engineers participated in the GE HealthAhead Day, organized by EDC initiative – GE HealthAhead. The event took place at our site and lasted 4 hours. During that time around 500 employees could have tried any of 20 attractions connected with eating healthier, being more active and improving their overall health. “What we wanted to achieve was to encourage everyone to take care of themselves. During the event we organized first aid...more >>
- 05/14/2018Top GE technologists visited EDC From Monday, May 7th to Thursday, May 10th at EDC we hosted 30 GE engineers from all over the world, who visited our Center to take part in the training: Fundamentals for Technologists (FFT). This 4-day workshop was dedicated to top technologists, who had from 2 to even 28 years of experience in GE. The goal of the training was to provide a broader perspective of what drives GE as a business and how our top technologists can drive gr...more >>
- 04/27/2018EDC Soccer Team finishes the season on the 2nd place On Friday, April 20th, during the Elit League Final Gala, our EDC Soccer Team received the awards for winning the 2nd place in the III Elit League – Autumn 2017 Season. In that Season EDC engineers played 8 regular and 2 play-off games (5W-1D-4L) and scored 37 goals. 4 of EDC team members were chosen as the Most Valuable Player of the Match: Filip Paczkowski – goalkeeper Arur Malinowski – striker Piotr Obarski – defender Karol He...more >>
- 04/23/2018EDC supported the development of mathematics in Poland Volunteers from EDC spent on of the April weekends in Pałac Domaniewski in Kowary near Radom on the XIII Polish Sudoku Championships and XXII Polish Puzzle Championships. EDC actively promotes interest in science and this is the reason why we decided to participate in this event for the 6th time. We helped the organizers checking the works of participants and watching over the course of the competition. During these two days we verified nearly 50...more >>