GE Power & Water’s Distributed Power portfolio of innovative solutions gives businesses and communities around the world the ability to generate reliable and efficient power at or near the point of use, at anytime–on the grid or off it. Our product portfolio features aeroderivative gas turbines, Jenbacher gas engines, and Waukesha gas engines ranging from 100 kW-100 MW.
Distributed Power provides a wide range of customers from industrial businesses and developing communities to government agencies managing disaster relief and other emergency power situations – with the ability to generate reliable, sustainable power whenever and wherever it is needed.
The DP engineering team at the EDC is one of two primary European offices and covers all aspects of the product life cycle from new product sales through detailed design all the way to services engineering, including an array of unique and specialized roles.
Specifically the organization comprises of the following teams:
- Applications Engineering holds full technical ownership of the new unit sales process for Aeroderivative gas turbines in the EMEA region including scope definition, customer meetings and cost budgeting
- Design & Development Engineering – our largest team is responsible for engineering functions for both Jenbacher gas engines and aeroderivative gas turbine packaging including acoustics, CFD and structural, reciprocating engine design, fuels applications engineering, controls engineering, mechanical & electrical package design and manufacturing support
- Gas Turbines – a sister organization to the Aviation PEC, the gas turbines team designs, analyzes and develops aeroderivative engine components for our LM2500, LM6000 and LMS100 product lines. Roles include mechanical design product definition and structural analysis
- Product Fulfillment Engineering is focused on delivery of project specific design and documentation including support of manufacturing operations in Budapest for TM2500, LM2500 and LM6000 aeroderivative gas turbines as well with performance guarantees estimation in ITO phase
- Product Service Engineering – in the region for the region. PSE covers all aspects of gas turbine customers operational experience, focused on resolving fleet and customer issues, performing investigations when things go awry as well as ensuring technical excellence in the Installation & Commissioning phase of projects
- Reliability Center of Excellence analyzes various sources of data with the aim of providing multiple organizations with valuable insights on the reliability and performance of our fielded units across Jenbacher and Gas Turbine fleets
Operating at EDC since 2007, the team had been focused mainly on Heavy Duty Gas Turbines. Since the beginning of 2016, after the opening of Gas Turbine Center, some serious changes have occurred and the growth of the team really sped up. Not only the HD part grew, but also Aeroderivative Gas Turbines joined, becoming one of the two main focuses.
Engineers working at Gas Power Systems and Power Services businesses have a unique opportunity to be gathered around a very special place – Gas Turbine Center. The modern facility allows for the synergy of both design and operating teams in one place. The state-of-the-art equipment of the GT Center allows simulation of gas turbines’ work, training service activities, testing designed components and investigating virtually every aspect of the whole product life-cycle onsite.
The Gas Turbine Center team operates in the two main areas: heavy duty and Aeroderivative gas turbines. Heavy duty units supply whole agglomerations with megawatts of energy. Aeroderivatives serve in places that are in need of quicker-to-set and more accessible energy sources, though not that much powerful. In both areas EDC engineers cover the whole process, from product definition, new product implementation, through service, and modification and upgrade of existing power plants.
Gas Turbine Center, with its gas turbine simulator, is also a training center dedicated to client and sales support. It enables development of inspection techniques, supports cooperation with technical universities and science institutes, and can be a perfect base for technical conferences and seminars. What’s more, it is a center of 3D print and innovation for energy products. The multidisciplinary character of the facility allows for the full development of power supplies. Therefore it is the true center of energy excellence.
- 05/22/201824 talented women joined the EDC Academy Last weekend we finished the series of 4 inspirational workshops of EDC Academy, under the brand of Pani Inżynier w Pracy. 24 female students from Polish technical universities learned how to build their careers and got to know how work in the technology industry looks like. They discovered the secrets of self-presentation art, visited EDC laboratories and got knowledge about what engineers at EDC do every day and became familiar with our organiz...more >>
- 05/22/2018EDC engineers took part in the HealthAhead Day Last week our engineers participated in the GE HealthAhead Day, organized by EDC initiative – GE HealthAhead. The event took place at our site and lasted 4 hours. During that time around 500 employees could have tried any of 20 attractions connected with eating healthier, being more active and improving their overall health. “What we wanted to achieve was to encourage everyone to take care of themselves. During the event we organized first aid...more >>
- 05/14/2018Top GE technologists visited EDC From Monday, May 7th to Thursday, May 10th at EDC we hosted 30 GE engineers from all over the world, who visited our Center to take part in the training: Fundamentals for Technologists (FFT). This 4-day workshop was dedicated to top technologists, who had from 2 to even 28 years of experience in GE. The goal of the training was to provide a broader perspective of what drives GE as a business and how our top technologists can drive gr...more >>
- 04/27/2018EDC Soccer Team finishes the season on the 2nd place On Friday, April 20th, during the Elit League Final Gala, our EDC Soccer Team received the awards for winning the 2nd place in the III Elit League – Autumn 2017 Season. In that Season EDC engineers played 8 regular and 2 play-off games (5W-1D-4L) and scored 37 goals. 4 of EDC team members were chosen as the Most Valuable Player of the Match: Filip Paczkowski – goalkeeper Arur Malinowski – striker Piotr Obarski – defender Karol He...more >>
- 04/23/2018EDC supported the development of mathematics in Poland Volunteers from EDC spent on of the April weekends in Pałac Domaniewski in Kowary near Radom on the XIII Polish Sudoku Championships and XXII Polish Puzzle Championships. EDC actively promotes interest in science and this is the reason why we decided to participate in this event for the 6th time. We helped the organizers checking the works of participants and watching over the course of the competition. During these two days we verified nearly 50...more >>