GE Power & Water’s Distributed Power portfolio of innovative solutions gives businesses and communities around the world the ability to generate reliable and efficient power at or near the point of use, at anytime–on the grid or off it. Our product portfolio features aeroderivative gas turbines, Jenbacher gas engines, and Waukesha gas engines ranging from 100 kW-100 MW.
Distributed Power provides a wide range of customers from industrial businesses and developing communities to government agencies managing disaster relief and other emergency power situations – with the ability to generate reliable, sustainable power whenever and wherever it is needed.
The DP engineering team at the EDC is one of two primary European offices and covers all aspects of the product life cycle from new product sales through detailed design all the way to services engineering, including an array of unique and specialized roles.
Specifically the organization comprises of the following teams:
- Applications Engineering holds full technical ownership of the new unit sales process for Aeroderivative gas turbines in the EMEA region including scope definition, customer meetings and cost budgeting
- Design & Development Engineering – our largest team is responsible for engineering functions for both Jenbacher gas engines and aeroderivative gas turbine packaging including acoustics, CFD and structural, reciprocating engine design, fuels applications engineering, controls engineering, mechanical & electrical package design and manufacturing support
- Gas Turbines – a sister organization to the Aviation PEC, the gas turbines team designs, analyzes and develops aeroderivative engine components for our LM2500, LM6000 and LMS100 product lines. Roles include mechanical design product definition and structural analysis
- Product Fulfillment Engineering is focused on delivery of project specific design and documentation including support of manufacturing operations in Budapest for TM2500, LM2500 and LM6000 aeroderivative gas turbines as well with performance guarantees estimation in ITO phase
- Product Service Engineering – in the region for the region. PSE covers all aspects of gas turbine customers operational experience, focused on resolving fleet and customer issues, performing investigations when things go awry as well as ensuring technical excellence in the Installation & Commissioning phase of projects
- Reliability Center of Excellence analyzes various sources of data with the aim of providing multiple organizations with valuable insights on the reliability and performance of our fielded units across Jenbacher and Gas Turbine fleets
Operating at EDC since 2007, the team had been focused mainly on Heavy Duty Gas Turbines. Since the beginning of 2016, after the opening of Gas Turbine Center, some serious changes have occurred and the growth of the team really sped up. Not only the HD part grew, but also Aeroderivative Gas Turbines joined, becoming one of the two main focuses.
Engineers working at Gas Power Systems and Power Services businesses have a unique opportunity to be gathered around a very special place – Gas Turbine Center. The modern facility allows for the synergy of both design and operating teams in one place. The state-of-the-art equipment of the GT Center allows simulation of gas turbines’ work, training service activities, testing designed components and investigating virtually every aspect of the whole product life-cycle onsite.
The Gas Turbine Center team operates in the two main areas: heavy duty and Aeroderivative gas turbines. Heavy duty units supply whole agglomerations with megawatts of energy. Aeroderivatives serve in places that are in need of quicker-to-set and more accessible energy sources, though not that much powerful. In both areas EDC engineers cover the whole process, from product definition, new product implementation, through service, and modification and upgrade of existing power plants.
Gas Turbine Center, with its gas turbine simulator, is also a training center dedicated to client and sales support. It enables development of inspection techniques, supports cooperation with technical universities and science institutes, and can be a perfect base for technical conferences and seminars. What’s more, it is a center of 3D print and innovation for energy products. The multidisciplinary character of the facility allows for the full development of power supplies. Therefore it is the true center of energy excellence.
- 09/07/2018Our delegation took part at the biggest military fair in Europe – MSPO 2018 This week, between Tuesday, September 4th and Friday, September 7th, GE delegation takes part in the 26th International Defence Industry Exhibition MSPO in Kielce – the biggest military fair in Europe. Last year, more than 35 000 guests visited the Exhibition, while 618 exhibitors from 27 counties showed their products there. We asked Krzysztof Połomski, Senior Business Development Manager, what he thinks about our stay at the exhibition. “I a...more >>
- 07/26/2018EDC engineer became the vice-champion of the world in gliding Łukasz Grabowski from GE Aviation won the 2nd place at the 35th FAI World Gliding Championships (WGC), in 15-meter class gliders. The competition was held in Ostrów Wielkopolski, from July 8th till 21st. We talked with Łukasz about his passion, success and gliding itself. EDC: At first, congratulations! Please tell us, how you combine working full-time job with gliding on the highest world level? ŁG: Gliding is the sport that you don’t ...more >>
- 07/20/2018Over 50 young engineers attended [email protected] training at our site From Monday, July 16th till Thursday, July 19th, at EDC we hosted the [email protected] training. Over 50 young engineers from all over the world and from various GE businesses: Aviation Engines, Aviation Systems, BHGE, Power, and Renewables) had a chance to explore our multidisciplinary engineering center’s facilities. The attractions included EDC laboratories tour (Materials Lab, Component Test Lab and Avionics Lab) and speeches given by EDC Managers, suc...more >>
- 07/16/2018US students visited EDC within the Presidential Scholarship In June 2018, 20 students from various US universities, visited EDC taking part in the 2nd edition of the Presidential Scholarship in Poland. They visited our laboratories and talked with our engineers about their projects and careers. The whole program was organized by GE, the Chancellery of the Polish President and the Polish-Slavic Federal Credit Union (PSFCU). It lasted 10 days and during that time student not only visited EDC, but also w...more >>
- 07/13/2018EDC takes part in the historical GE Power project On Thursday, July 12th GE signed a contract with two Polish Energy manufacturers Energa and Enea to build the 1000MWe ultra-supercritical coal power plant Ostrołęka C. Contract price: $ 1.7B Construction time: 54 months Contract type: turn key On behalf of GE Poland, the contract was signed by Sławomir Żygowski – President of GE Power in Poland. During the signature ceremony, EDC was represented by Marian Lubieni...more >>