Software development and data analytics are fresh areas of expertise, compared to the 16 years of overall EDC presence on the Polish market. However, we already have strong and growing analytics and software teams in two businesses – Aviation and Power. The team members work hard to make GE aviation and energy products better and better every day.
The Aviation Digital team is divided into three main domains. Avionics team is focused on avionics embedded and safety-critical software. “It is not that hard to write a code. What is hard is to write it and have it certified. And that’s what we currently build our expertise around in Avionics area – to create certified safety-critical embedded software.” – says Paweł Zakrzewski, EDC Aviation Digital Software Director. Digital Services & Solutions team creates and develops embedded software in the area of devices installed on an aircraft used for real-time data collection. The team also makes applications for flight data post-processing and analytics. IT Services team software developers create solutions for GE Aviation business to optimize aircraft engines fleet management and business processes. All those three teams cooperate to make flying safe, reduce costs of aircraft operations and create user-friendly solutions for the whole aviation industry.
“For some time now we have observed GE’s transformation. It is changing from being a strictly industrial company to become more digital. GE’s not giving up its industrial core though. The focus is simply being moved to a digital space where analytics, data science and software development will play a key role.” – says Marcin Kędzior, Services & Analytics Engineering Manager in Distributed Power. Distributed Power Analytics team created last year consists of experienced data scientists and software developers. They work to maintain and optimize reciprocating engine fleet to be even more predictable and reliable, by collecting and understanding immense sets of data. DP Software development team is engaged in developing data collection systems which allow the accumulation of numerous data from single customers in a robust, secure, and reliable way. GE Distributed Power’s global fleet consists of over 36,000 engines, equipped with data collection systems. Those systems are gathering information for every second of engine operation and send it to the cloud where data from the entire fleet is congregated and processed. These enormous portions of data are used by our data scientists to create advanced mathematical algorithms. The algorithms and their implementations help to minimize the number of engine component failures, extend service intervals and increase an overall fleet reliability.
Currently we are looking for experienced data scientists and software developers. Check out our current job offers, apply yourself or tell your friends about these amazing opportunities at EDC.
- 05/14/2018Top GE technologists visited EDC From Monday, May 7th to Thursday, May 10th at EDC we hosted 30 GE engineers from all over the world, who visited our Center to take part in the training: Fundamentals for Technologists (FFT). This 4-day workshop was dedicated to top technologists, who had from 2 to even 28 years of experience in GE. The goal of the training was to provide a broader perspective of what drives GE as a business and how our top technologists can drive gr...more >>
- 04/27/2018EDC Soccer Team finishes the season on the 2nd place On Friday, April 20th, during the Elit League Final Gala, our EDC Soccer Team received the awards for winning the 2nd place in the III Elit League – Autumn 2017 Season. In that Season EDC engineers played 8 regular and 2 play-off games (5W-1D-4L) and scored 37 goals. 4 of EDC team members were chosen as the Most Valuable Player of the Match: Filip Paczkowski – goalkeeper Arur Malinowski – striker Piotr Obarski – defender Karol He...more >>
- 04/23/2018EDC supported the development of mathematics in Poland Volunteers from EDC spent on of the April weekends in Pałac Domaniewski in Kowary near Radom on the XIII Polish Sudoku Championships and XXII Polish Puzzle Championships. EDC actively promotes interest in science and this is the reason why we decided to participate in this event for the 6th time. We helped the organizers checking the works of participants and watching over the course of the competition. During these two days we verified nearly 50...more >>
- 04/13/2018EDC engineers designed the engine for the best in its class plane in the BGA segment On Thursday, April 12th, the first Eastern European HondaJet with GE Honda HF120 engines, designed also by EDC engineers, was presented during the official appearance event at the Chopin-Warsaw Airport. Our engineers made significant contribution to the engine design. What’s more they provide continues engineering support to the engines of the whole HondaJet fleet. “I’m proud that EDC engineers have contributed to the creation of a turbojet en...more >>
- 04/05/2018We know the projects that got to the final of the GE Challenge We are pleased to inform that we have just finished another stage of the GE Challenge. This is a contest for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students from the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest is to promote talented young scientists, who will look for unconventional solutions that can contribute to the development of advanced technologi...more >>