Software development and data analytics are fresh areas of expertise, compared to the 16 years of overall EDC presence on the Polish market. However, we already have strong and growing analytics and software teams in two businesses – Aviation and Power. The team members work hard to make GE aviation and energy products better and better every day.
The Aviation Digital team is divided into three main domains. Avionics team is focused on avionics embedded and safety-critical software. “It is not that hard to write a code. What is hard is to write it and have it certified. And that’s what we currently build our expertise around in Avionics area – to create certified safety-critical embedded software.” – says Paweł Zakrzewski, EDC Aviation Digital Software Director. Digital Services & Solutions team creates and develops embedded software in the area of devices installed on an aircraft used for real-time data collection. The team also makes applications for flight data post-processing and analytics. IT Services team software developers create solutions for GE Aviation business to optimize aircraft engines fleet management and business processes. All those three teams cooperate to make flying safe, reduce costs of aircraft operations and create user-friendly solutions for the whole aviation industry.
“For some time now we have observed GE’s transformation. It is changing from being a strictly industrial company to become more digital. GE’s not giving up its industrial core though. The focus is simply being moved to a digital space where analytics, data science and software development will play a key role.” – says Marcin Kędzior, Services & Analytics Engineering Manager in Distributed Power. Distributed Power Analytics team created last year consists of experienced data scientists and software developers. They work to maintain and optimize reciprocating engine fleet to be even more predictable and reliable, by collecting and understanding immense sets of data. DP Software development team is engaged in developing data collection systems which allow the accumulation of numerous data from single customers in a robust, secure, and reliable way. GE Distributed Power’s global fleet consists of over 36,000 engines, equipped with data collection systems. Those systems are gathering information for every second of engine operation and send it to the cloud where data from the entire fleet is congregated and processed. These enormous portions of data are used by our data scientists to create advanced mathematical algorithms. The algorithms and their implementations help to minimize the number of engine component failures, extend service intervals and increase an overall fleet reliability.
Currently we are looking for experienced data scientists and software developers. Check out our current job offers, apply yourself or tell your friends about these amazing opportunities at EDC.
- 09/07/2018Our delegation took part at the biggest military fair in Europe – MSPO 2018 This week, between Tuesday, September 4th and Friday, September 7th, GE delegation takes part in the 26th International Defence Industry Exhibition MSPO in Kielce – the biggest military fair in Europe. Last year, more than 35 000 guests visited the Exhibition, while 618 exhibitors from 27 counties showed their products there. We asked Krzysztof Połomski, Senior Business Development Manager, what he thinks about our stay at the exhibition. “I a...more >>
- 07/26/2018EDC engineer became the vice-champion of the world in gliding Łukasz Grabowski from GE Aviation won the 2nd place at the 35th FAI World Gliding Championships (WGC), in 15-meter class gliders. The competition was held in Ostrów Wielkopolski, from July 8th till 21st. We talked with Łukasz about his passion, success and gliding itself. EDC: At first, congratulations! Please tell us, how you combine working full-time job with gliding on the highest world level? ŁG: Gliding is the sport that you don’t ...more >>
- 07/20/2018Over 50 young engineers attended [email protected] training at our site From Monday, July 16th till Thursday, July 19th, at EDC we hosted the [email protected] training. Over 50 young engineers from all over the world and from various GE businesses: Aviation Engines, Aviation Systems, BHGE, Power, and Renewables) had a chance to explore our multidisciplinary engineering center’s facilities. The attractions included EDC laboratories tour (Materials Lab, Component Test Lab and Avionics Lab) and speeches given by EDC Managers, suc...more >>
- 07/16/2018US students visited EDC within the Presidential Scholarship In June 2018, 20 students from various US universities, visited EDC taking part in the 2nd edition of the Presidential Scholarship in Poland. They visited our laboratories and talked with our engineers about their projects and careers. The whole program was organized by GE, the Chancellery of the Polish President and the Polish-Slavic Federal Credit Union (PSFCU). It lasted 10 days and during that time student not only visited EDC, but also w...more >>
- 07/13/2018EDC takes part in the historical GE Power project On Thursday, July 12th GE signed a contract with two Polish Energy manufacturers Energa and Enea to build the 1000MWe ultra-supercritical coal power plant Ostrołęka C. Contract price: $ 1.7B Construction time: 54 months Contract type: turn key On behalf of GE Poland, the contract was signed by Sławomir Żygowski – President of GE Power in Poland. During the signature ceremony, EDC was represented by Marian Lubieni...more >>