EDC Aviation – GE design office – concentrates its efforts on delivering reliable and competitive product such as jet engines, helicopter engines, marine engines, as well as stationary engines. People at EDC come from a variety of best Polish and foreign technical universities and have been chosen during a thorough and carefully planned recruitment process.
EDC is a design center – we work on new ideas which are later on implemented into engine. When the design has been approved we overview introduction to manufacturing and take responsibility for the quality of the parts made by different vendors all over the world. Moreover, we take care of test planning and oversee when the engine is already running during the test. Our final responsibilities include monitoring the engine fleet behavior to deliver a reliable product for the global economy.
We are currently involved in all commercial product development carried out by GE Aviation. Our involvement starts with very large engines like world highest thrust GE90-115B, through CFM56 which is currently world most popular flown engine family ending with latest HF120 business engine developed in cooperation with HONDA.
Those engines not only power world biggest aircraft A380 but also are being used in a rescue helicopters all over the world.
Working within Aviation gives us the opportunity to contribute to non-flying GE Aviation engines called Land Marine (LM). Many of those have been used on big cruise ships (Queen Mary 2) and in the powering for other vessels. In addition, numerous LM engines are used as power generators for energy and oil & gas applications. Interesting fact – In 2004 GE Aviation’s Composite Fan blade GE90 was put on display in New York Museum of Modern Art in Architecture and Design collection.
Working for Aviation is a challenging task but GE engineers have proved that it is able to meet all tough requirements and deliver world-class designs.
- 05/22/201824 talented women joined the EDC Academy Last weekend we finished the series of 4 inspirational workshops of EDC Academy, under the brand of Pani Inżynier w Pracy. 24 female students from Polish technical universities learned how to build their careers and got to know how work in the technology industry looks like. They discovered the secrets of self-presentation art, visited EDC laboratories and got knowledge about what engineers at EDC do every day and became familiar with our organiz...more >>
- 05/22/2018EDC engineers took part in the HealthAhead Day Last week our engineers participated in the GE HealthAhead Day, organized by EDC initiative – GE HealthAhead. The event took place at our site and lasted 4 hours. During that time around 500 employees could have tried any of 20 attractions connected with eating healthier, being more active and improving their overall health. “What we wanted to achieve was to encourage everyone to take care of themselves. During the event we organized first aid...more >>
- 05/14/2018Top GE technologists visited EDC From Monday, May 7th to Thursday, May 10th at EDC we hosted 30 GE engineers from all over the world, who visited our Center to take part in the training: Fundamentals for Technologists (FFT). This 4-day workshop was dedicated to top technologists, who had from 2 to even 28 years of experience in GE. The goal of the training was to provide a broader perspective of what drives GE as a business and how our top technologists can drive gr...more >>
- 04/27/2018EDC Soccer Team finishes the season on the 2nd place On Friday, April 20th, during the Elit League Final Gala, our EDC Soccer Team received the awards for winning the 2nd place in the III Elit League – Autumn 2017 Season. In that Season EDC engineers played 8 regular and 2 play-off games (5W-1D-4L) and scored 37 goals. 4 of EDC team members were chosen as the Most Valuable Player of the Match: Filip Paczkowski – goalkeeper Arur Malinowski – striker Piotr Obarski – defender Karol He...more >>
- 04/23/2018EDC supported the development of mathematics in Poland Volunteers from EDC spent on of the April weekends in Pałac Domaniewski in Kowary near Radom on the XIII Polish Sudoku Championships and XXII Polish Puzzle Championships. EDC actively promotes interest in science and this is the reason why we decided to participate in this event for the 6th time. We helped the organizers checking the works of participants and watching over the course of the competition. During these two days we verified nearly 50...more >>