EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 05/22/201824 talented women joined the EDC Academy Last weekend we finished the series of 4 inspirational workshops of EDC Academy, under the brand of Pani Inżynier w Pracy. 24 female students from Polish technical universities learned how to build their careers and got to know how work in the technology industry looks like. They discovered the secrets of self-presentation art and prepared a professional CV. They also visited EDC laboratories and get...more >>
- 05/14/2018Top GE technologists visited EDC From Monday, May 7th to Thursday, May 10th at EDC we hosted 30 GE engineers from all over the world, who visited our Center to take part in the training: Fundamentals for Technologists (FFT). This 4-day workshop was dedicated to top technologists, who had from 2 to even 28 years of experience in GE. The goal of the training was to provide a broader perspective of...more >>
- 04/27/2018EDC Soccer Team finishes the season on the 2nd place On Friday, April 20th, during the Elit League Final Gala, our EDC Soccer Team received the awards for winning the 2nd place in the III Elit League – Autumn 2017 Season. In that Season EDC engineers played 8 regular and 2 play-off games (5W-1D-4L) and scored 37 goals. 4 of EDC team members were chosen as the Most Valuable Player of the Match: Filip Paczkowski –...more >>
- 04/23/2018EDC supported the development of mathematics in Poland Volunteers from EDC spent on of the April weekends in Pałac Domaniewski in Kowary near Radom on the XIII Polish Sudoku Championships and XXII Polish Puzzle Championships. EDC actively promotes interest in science and this is the reason why we decided to participate in this event for the 6th time. We helped the organizers checking the works of participants and watching over the course of...more >>
- 04/13/2018EDC engineers designed the engine for the best in its class plane in the BGA segment On Thursday, April 12th, the first Eastern European HondaJet with GE Honda HF120 engines, designed also by EDC engineers, was presented during the official appearance event at the Chopin-Warsaw Airport. Our engineers made significant contribution to the engine design. What’s more they provide continues engineering support to the engines of the whole HondaJet fleet. “I’m proud that EDC engineers have contributed to the creation of a...more >>