GE Transportation has been a part of EDC since 2007, but not until the beginning of 2016 has it become a separate business. The EDC part of GE Transportation operates in the railroad industry, focusing on modeling long-term contracts and providing service support for locomotive fleets around the globe, e.g. in USA, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, China, India, and Kazakhstan.
The team’s work is based on analysis of cost and operational data from the field as well as maintenance events data such as date, length, and repaired or replaced components. Team members use it to predict life of locomotives’ parts, optimize the process of maintenance and maintain long-term fleet contracts in the most precise way possible. At GE Transportation, we are looking to provide data-based innovations to the railway sector that will improve productivity, reliability, velocity and safety. Big data has jumpstarted a revolution across multiple business sectors and GE Transportation is dedicated to ensuring that our railway customers are onboard.
GE Transportation is a global digital industrial leader and supplier to the rail, mining, marine, stationary power, drilling and energy storage industries. Established more than a century ago, GE Transportation is a division of the General Electric Company that began as a pioneer in passenger and freight locomotives. That innovative spirit still drives GE Transportation today.
- 03/14/2018Recruitment for Edison Engineering Development Program has just started We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year’s edition of the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP). This is a 2 to 2,5 years corporate program for graduates or soon-to-be graduates in mechanical or electrical engineering, who have a passion for technology and would like to develop their career at EDC. During the program future Edisons will overgo the intense technical training – the Advanced Course in ...more >>
- 03/02/2018EDC is launching Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC – the technology program for women We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year's edition of the workshops Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC. It is a series of four Saturday meetings organized in the form of technical and business trainings. The program starts on April 14th and is dedicated to women students of STEM faculties, who are on their 3rd-5th year of study or for fresh graduates. During the four meetings the participants will learn how ...more >>
- 02/02/2018Too cold for a new adventure? Not for EDC motorcycle riders! While the temperature outside drops far below 0˚C, most of the people think about some cozy shelter. Others just start their preparation for outdoor celebration. Between them – Adam Markiewicz and Aleksandra Grzybowska from the EDC Motorcycle Riders. Last weekend they took part in the Winter Sidecar Festival (Zimowe Święto Kosza), that was held at the private polygon located in forest near Niewierszyn (central Poland). This event brings together ...more >>
- 01/24/2018Argentina warmly welcomed Boeing 737-Max with LEAP 1B engines At the end of last year the first Boeing 737-Max powered by LEAP 1B engines was delivered to one of the customers – Aerolineas Argentina. EDC LEAP Fleet Engineer - Marek Galas was there as the EIS customer on-site support within the LEAP-1B expert connect project. The national carrier announced delivering of the new aircraft and our engines very widely in TV, radio and newspapers (full list of promotional activities is available here...more >>
- 01/15/2018Contest for MEiL students and researchers is on track We remind you that you still can join the GE Challenge that is held in cooperation with the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. This is the special contest for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students from the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest is to promote talented young scientists. Participan...more >>