At the moment EDC Oil & Gas consists of 480 engineers. They are professionally engaged in designing, analysis and support for various types of compressors, gas and steam turbines for mechanical drives, power and cogeneration application, turbo expanders for energy recovery, auxiliary systems and subsea production systems.
EDC Oil & Gas teams work in four major fields:
- Subsea SystemsSubsea Production Systems, Manifolds and Connection Systems, Controls and Service
- Turbomachinery SolutionsGas Turbines (Design, Package & Installation, Analyses, Manufacturing Support), System Operability, Services Engineering
- Downstream Technology SolutionsDTS Reciprocating Compressors & Small Centrifugals (Design, NPI & Cost-Out, Functional and Manufacturing Support), Services Engineering
- Advanced TechnologyConceptual Design, Materials Engineering, Aero Design, Heat Transfer, High Pressure Tests
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced products and services for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. No matter if it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.
- 04/14/2017EDC engineers attended the Additive Summit on April 11th-12th On April 11th and 12th the first Additive Summit was organized on EDC premises. The two days were packed with fresh knowledge on additive manufacturing – the leading topic of today’s engineering. More than 300 EDC engineers from all businesses and over 30 guests from other GE sites who came to EDC to teach and to be taught met together during presentations, discussions, networking sessions and team workshops. The first day involved the lecture...more >>
- 04/06/2017EDC celebrated the first ever Digital Day on April 5th On Wednesday, April 5th Engineering Design Center organized the Digital Day 2017 open house event. Thanks to the multidisciplinary nature of our site every GE business present at EDC (Aviation, Power, Oil & Gas, Transportation, Additive, and Digital) had its own exhibition. Every employee could drop by to meet and talk to their representatives – engineers digitalizing the industrial world – and see how GE and EDC have switched onto the digita...more >>
- 04/04/2017XII Polish Sudoku Championship & XXI Math Brainteasers Championship On 1st and 2nd of April GE Volunteers took part in 12th Polish Sudoku Championship and 21st Brainteasers Championship. EDC actively promotes interest in science and this is the reason why we decided to participate in this event for the fifth time. Our volunteers supported the championship’s organizer, the SFINKS Foundation, preparing materials and checking the teasers. This year we decided to reward 8 winners with the best results to encourage al...more >>
- 04/03/201723 women joined the EDC Academy On Saturday, April 1st Engineering Design Center hosted 23 female students from Polish technical universities. Together with EDC’s representatives they spent a day developing their skills during dedicated training sessions related to self-presentation, preparing for a job interview and recruitment process. It was the first in the series of Women in Engineering: EDC Academy events. During the next meetings the attendants will have a c...more >>
- 03/17/2017Over 60 Edisons attended [email protected] in Engineering Design Center This week – March 13th-16th – Engineering Design Center hosted the [email protected] training. Over 60 Edisons from all over the world and various GE businesses (Aviation, Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Power, Energy Connections, Current & Global Research Center) had a chance to explore our multidisciplinary engineering center’s facilities. The attractions included EDC laboratories tour (materials lab, aircraft engines lab and Gas Turbine Center workshop) a...more >>