At the moment EDC Oil & Gas consists of 480 engineers. They are professionally engaged in designing, analysis and support for various types of compressors, gas and steam turbines for mechanical drives, power and cogeneration application, turbo expanders for energy recovery, auxiliary systems and subsea production systems.
EDC Oil & Gas teams work in four major fields:
- Subsea SystemsSubsea Production Systems, Manifolds and Connection Systems, Controls and Service
- Turbomachinery SolutionsGas Turbines (Design, Package & Installation, Analyses, Manufacturing Support), System Operability, Services Engineering
- Downstream Technology SolutionsDTS Reciprocating Compressors & Small Centrifugals (Design, NPI & Cost-Out, Functional and Manufacturing Support), Services Engineering
- Advanced TechnologyConceptual Design, Materials Engineering, Aero Design, Heat Transfer, High Pressure Tests
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced products and services for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. No matter if it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.
- 02/24/2017Power and Energy Connections engineers celebrate Science & Technology Week 2017 Through the whole week Power and Energy Connections teams at EDC have attended the Science & Technology Week. The agenda was packed with interesting technical events, some of which were open to all EDC employees. In addition, on Wednesday, February 22nd the Distributed Power team met to celebrate the last year's most outstanding achievements and to award the best engineers during an Engineering Recognition Day. One of the leading topics of...more >>
- 02/03/2017EDC Engineer wins the bronze at 34th FAI World Gliding Championships Łukasz Grabowski from GE Aviation at EDC took the 3rd place at 34th FAI World Gliding Championships, in 15 meter class gliders. The competition was held in Benalla, Australia from January 8th till 22nd. Despite the demanding competition of other 37 participants from 21 countries, Łukasz managed to stand on the podium, winning the bronze. The weather allowed for 6 flying days, the races ranged up to 550 kilometers. “At the very end of...more >>
- 01/26/2017Polish Government and GE inaugurate 25 years of GE in Poland today at EDC On January 26th Engineering Design Center hosted a meeting between Mateusz Morawiecki, Polish Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance and Development and John G. Rice, Vice Chairman of GE. The highlight of the meeting was the official signing of “The Memorandum of Understanding” between the Polish Government and GE which is an agreement on strategic cooperation in the fields of energy and aviation. The signing acts as a confirmation of will of...more >>
- 01/26/2017Gas Turbine Center celebrates its 1st anniversary during GE Power Industry and Science Summit On January 24th GE Power at EDC organized the Industry and Science Summit to celebrate the 1st anniversary of the Gas Turbine Center. The event also coincided with the 10th anniversary of GE Power’s presence at EDC, and 25 years of GE in Poland. The conference gathered many distinguished guests from GE, its customers and the science world. After the short introduction made by Witold Wiśniowski (Director of the Institute of Aviation) and Marian...more >>
- 01/16/201710th Conference Fatigue of Aircraft Structures open for EDC engineers EDC engineers attended the 10th Conference Fatigue of Aircraft Structures, organized on May 12-13th by the Institute of Aviation’s Materials and Structures Research Center. The topics raised at the conference were very interesting for our engineers, especially those dealing with materials and structures issues on the daily basis. The topics of the conference covered most of the matters related to fatigue of materials and aircraft structures, e...more >>