At the moment EDC Oil & Gas consists of 480 engineers. They are professionally engaged in designing, analysis and support for various types of compressors, gas and steam turbines for mechanical drives, power and cogeneration application, turbo expanders for energy recovery, auxiliary systems and subsea production systems.
EDC Oil & Gas teams work in four major fields:
- Subsea SystemsSubsea Production Systems, Manifolds and Connection Systems, Controls and Service
- Turbomachinery SolutionsGas Turbines (Design, Package & Installation, Analyses, Manufacturing Support), System Operability, Services Engineering
- Downstream Technology SolutionsDTS Reciprocating Compressors & Small Centrifugals (Design, NPI & Cost-Out, Functional and Manufacturing Support), Services Engineering
- Advanced TechnologyConceptual Design, Materials Engineering, Aero Design, Heat Transfer, High Pressure Tests
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced products and services for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. No matter if it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.
- 05/29/2017Passport 20 Inlet – Bird Strike Certification Test at EDC A big day for EDC just took place on May 24th, 2017, after over 28 months of preparation. Together with Middle River Aircraft Systems (US, Baltimore) EDC (GE Aviation Systems + Warsaw Institute of Aviation) successfully accomplished the first Bird Strike Certification Test lunched at EDC. This is a great achievement and a huge milestone proving that EDC is fully capable of executing such tests, starting from the very beginning (concept) through d...more >>
- 05/19/2017Balancing the Equation – 23 attendees completed EDC Academy Since April 1st, through 8th, 22nd and finally May 13th twenty-three female students of technical faculties on their 3-5 year of study, as well as fresh graduates of such, had a chance to attend EDC Academy – a series of four technical and soft skills training sessions organized by EDC. It was a great opportunity to confront the theory gained at university with the view of real-life engineering work. All four meetings took place at the Engineerin...more >>
- 05/15/2017EDC and MEiL talk about the common future and cooperation On May 11th representatives of Engineering Design Center and the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering (MEiL) of the Warsaw University of Technology met together on the seminar “From Science to Implementation” organized jointly by both institutions. The event took place at the Institute of Heat Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The seminar was opened by prof. Janusz Frączek (Dean of the Faculty of Power and Aeronautic...more >>
- 04/28/2017Oil & Gas celebrates the 10th anniversary at EDC On April 26th and 27th GE Oil & Gas at Engineering Design Center celebrated its 10th anniversary. The two days included inner celebrations for EDC employees, as well as a conference where representatives of O&G companies, science and academia discussed the situation and perspectives for the whole industry. The event was also a part of 25 years of GE in Poland anniversary. On the first day, opened by Marian Lubieniecki (EDC Site Leader)...more >>
- 04/14/2017EDC engineers attended the Additive Summit on April 11th-12th On April 11th and 12th the first Additive Summit was organized on EDC premises. The two days were packed with fresh knowledge on additive manufacturing – the leading topic of today’s engineering. More than 300 EDC engineers from all businesses and over 30 guests from other GE sites who came to EDC to teach and to be taught met together during presentations, discussions, networking sessions and team workshops. The first day involved the lecture...more >>