Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) is a merger of two companies – Baker Hughes and General Electric – who work together for the whole oil & gas industry. Our local Oil&Gas engineering teams are part of the new structure.
We are professionally engaged in designing, analyzing and supporting various types of compressors, gas and steam turbines for mechanical drives, power and cogeneration applications, turbo expanders for energy recovery, auxiliary systems and subsea production systems.
We work in two major fields – Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) and Oilfield Equipment (OFE).
TPS engineers cover all topics connected to areas such as:
- Gas Turbines and Package,
- System Operability, Shaft Line Integration;
- Reciprocating Compressors & Small Centrifugals;
- Services Engineering;
- Materials Engineering.
OFE engineers work on areas such as:
- Subsea Production Systems;
- Manifolds & Connection Systems;
- Well Access;
- Controls Systems;
- Service Engineering;
- Systems Engineering.
As a part of Baker Hughes, a GE Company we work together with nearly 70,000 other people from more than 120 countries on bringing the oil & gas industry together – achieve business continuity, minimize disruption and meet and exceed performance objectives. As the global BHGE brand promise says: We invent smarter ways to bring energy to the world. As the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions, we harness the passion and experience of our people to take on our customers’ hardest oil and gas challenges.
- 12/13/2017First Boeing 737 MAX with our LEAP-1B engines landed at Okęcie We are pleased to inform that on Saturday, December 2nd, first out of six Boeings 737 MAX with our LEAP-1B Engines (SP-LVA) landed at the Okęcie airport. Currently LOT is flying this aircraft to London 3 times per day. Thanks to the engines designed at EDC, MAX is much quieter, more efficient and more environmentally friendly than any other aircraft of its class available on the market. LEAP-1Bs allow Boeings 737 MAX for 15% lower fu...more >>
- 12/06/2017GE Day took place at the Gdańsk University of Technology Last week, on November 29th, representatives of BHGE Warsaw and BHGE Elbląg met with the students of the Gdańsk University of Technology. Those students are thinking about continuing their education on the graduate specialization of the Subsea Technologies at the Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology. The meeting – GE Day – took part for the fifth time as the part of a special cooperation between EDC and the University of Technology...more >>
- 11/28/2017Test rig in EDC Component Test Lab is equipped with new gearbox As a result of jointed effort of EDC engineers from Component Test Lab (CTL) and Mechanical Systems teams, on Monday, November 20th, our test rig was equipped with new multiplication gearbox. Our engineers were engaged in the design process supporting the supplier. They also witnessed the initial test at the supplier site to minimalize the operational risk and to ensure that the gearbox will meet the design intend. Consequently, after over a y...more >>
- 11/06/2017EDC at Pitch Bootcamp On October 29th, EDC took part in the Pitch Bootcamp event held at the Google Warsaw Campus. The event was organized by the IAESTE Student Association (The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience). Pitch Bootcamp is an international career accelerator and case study for students, with 93 editions already in more than 17 countries. Over 9500 students and 1350 companies took part in the event, which re...more >>
- 11/02/2017EDC organizes a contest for MEiL students and researchers We are pleased to inform that EDC organizes a GE Challenge for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students. It will start on December 1st and will be held in cooperation with the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest will be to promote talented young scientists. Participants will look for unconventional solutions that can contribute to the developmen...more >>