Baker Hughes, a GE Company (BHGE) is a merger of two companies – Baker Hughes and General Electric – who work together for the whole oil & gas industry. Our local Oil&Gas engineering teams are part of the new structure.
We are professionally engaged in designing, analyzing and supporting various types of compressors, gas and steam turbines for mechanical drives, power and cogeneration applications, turbo expanders for energy recovery, auxiliary systems and subsea production systems.
We work in two major fields – Turbomachinery & Process Solutions (TPS) and Oilfield Equipment (OFE).
TPS engineers cover all topics connected to areas such as:
- Gas Turbines and Package,
- System Operability, Shaft Line Integration;
- Reciprocating Compressors & Small Centrifugals;
- Services Engineering;
- Materials Engineering.
OFE engineers work on areas such as:
- Subsea Production Systems;
- Manifolds & Connection Systems;
- Well Access;
- Controls Systems;
- Service Engineering;
- Systems Engineering.
As a part of Baker Hughes, a GE Company we work together with nearly 70,000 other people from more than 120 countries on bringing the oil & gas industry together – achieve business continuity, minimize disruption and meet and exceed performance objectives. As the global BHGE brand promise says: We invent smarter ways to bring energy to the world. As the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions, we harness the passion and experience of our people to take on our customers’ hardest oil and gas challenges.
- 10/11/2017Important aeronautics events took place at EDC During last two weeks, Institute of Aviation in Warsaw and General Electric Company Polska Sp. z o.o. organized 3 remarkable aeronautics events, merging science with business: * on Monday, September 25th the EREA (Association of European Research Establishments in Aeronautics) meetings took place, including Board Strategic Workshop and EREA Future Sky Energy Workshop, * from Tuesday, September 26th till Friday September 29th, EASN (Euro...more >>
- 10/09/2017Great success of EDC engineers during the IPMA World Congress On Wednesday September 6th, during the 30th IPMA World Congress held in Astana the project Buzzard Power Generation Upgrade has been awarded with Silver Winner in the IPMA Project Excellence Award 2017, category Big Sized Projects. This project was realized mainly by EDC BHGE engineers from Upgrades Turbomachinery & Process Solutions Team, who worked together with Control Engineering teams from Florence and India on upgrading the power sup...more >>
- 09/29/201730 students from Finland visited EDC On Monday, September 18th EDC hosted a group of 30 students from Helsinki. They represented the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering from the Alto University that is the largest university of technology in Finland. The students came to visit us during their one-week tour across Poland’s industrial landscape. Last year they visited Sweden and two years ago – United Kingdom. At EDC the Finns learned about the cooperation between GE and th...more >>
- 09/19/2017EDC engineers celebrate triathlon successes We are pleased to announce that members of EDC Triathlon group finished holidays with noticeable successes: * on Sunday, September 10th, Radek Serwiński took part in the Ironman 70.3 Word Championship (1,9 km swim, 90 km bike ride and 21,1 km run) in Chattanooga, Teneesee, USA, finishing the race in less than 5 hours; * week earlier, on Sunday, September 3rd, Greg Narojek debuted in the full Ironman in Malbork. He swam 3,8 km, rode 180 km...more >>
- 09/15/2017Two weeks more for signing up for Industrial IoT Hackathon We are still looking for participants to take part in the unique digital tournament – EDC Industrial IoT Hackathon. We extended the time for submitting applications. New deadline is September 30th. The Hackathon will take place on Friday, October 13th during the 8th Night at the Institute of Aviation. Teams comprised of software and hardware developers will spend 24 hours working on the best solution to a challenge related to the aviation indu...more >>