Software development and data analytics are fresh areas of expertise, compared to the 16 years of overall EDC presence on the Polish market. However, we already have strong and growing analytics and software teams in two businesses – Aviation and Power. The team members work hard to make GE aviation and energy products better and better every day.
The Aviation Digital team is divided into three main domains. Avionics team is focused on avionics embedded and safety-critical software. “It is not that hard to write a code. What is hard is to write it and have it certified. And that’s what we currently build our expertise around in Avionics area – to create certified safety-critical embedded software.” – says Paweł Zakrzewski, EDC Aviation Digital Software Director. Digital Services & Solutions team creates and develops embedded software in the area of devices installed on an aircraft used for real-time data collection. The team also makes applications for flight data post-processing and analytics. IT Services team software developers create solutions for GE Aviation business to optimize aircraft engines fleet management and business processes. All those three teams cooperate to make flying safe, reduce costs of aircraft operations and create user-friendly solutions for the whole aviation industry.
“For some time now we have observed GE’s transformation. It is changing from being a strictly industrial company to become more digital. GE’s not giving up its industrial core though. The focus is simply being moved to a digital space where analytics, data science and software development will play a key role.” – says Marcin Kędzior, Services & Analytics Engineering Manager in Distributed Power. Distributed Power Analytics team created last year consists of experienced data scientists and software developers. They work to maintain and optimize reciprocating engine fleet to be even more predictable and reliable, by collecting and understanding immense sets of data. DP Software development team is engaged in developing data collection systems which allow the accumulation of numerous data from single customers in a robust, secure, and reliable way. GE Distributed Power’s global fleet consists of over 36,000 engines, equipped with data collection systems. Those systems are gathering information for every second of engine operation and send it to the cloud where data from the entire fleet is congregated and processed. These enormous portions of data are used by our data scientists to create advanced mathematical algorithms. The algorithms and their implementations help to minimize the number of engine component failures, extend service intervals and increase an overall fleet reliability.
Currently we are looking for experienced data scientists and software developers. Check out our current job offers, apply yourself or tell your friends about these amazing opportunities at EDC.
- 03/14/2018Recruitment for Edison Engineering Development Program has just started We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year’s edition of the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP). This is a 2 to 2,5 years corporate program for graduates or soon-to-be graduates in mechanical or electrical engineering, who have a passion for technology and would like to develop their career at EDC. During the program future Edisons will overgo the intense technical training – the Advanced Course in ...more >>
- 03/02/2018EDC is launching Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC – the technology program for women We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year's edition of the workshops Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC. It is a series of four Saturday meetings organized in the form of technical and business trainings. The program starts on April 14th and is dedicated to women students of STEM faculties, who are on their 3rd-5th year of study or for fresh graduates. During the four meetings the participants will learn how ...more >>
- 02/02/2018Too cold for a new adventure? Not for EDC motorcycle riders! While the temperature outside drops far below 0˚C, most of the people think about some cozy shelter. Others just start their preparation for outdoor celebration. Between them – Adam Markiewicz and Aleksandra Grzybowska from the EDC Motorcycle Riders. Last weekend they took part in the Winter Sidecar Festival (Zimowe Święto Kosza), that was held at the private polygon located in forest near Niewierszyn (central Poland). This event brings together ...more >>
- 01/24/2018Argentina warmly welcomed Boeing 737-Max with LEAP 1B engines At the end of last year the first Boeing 737-Max powered by LEAP 1B engines was delivered to one of the customers – Aerolineas Argentina. EDC LEAP Fleet Engineer - Marek Galas was there as the EIS customer on-site support within the LEAP-1B expert connect project. The national carrier announced delivering of the new aircraft and our engines very widely in TV, radio and newspapers (full list of promotional activities is available here...more >>
- 01/15/2018Contest for MEiL students and researchers is on track We remind you that you still can join the GE Challenge that is held in cooperation with the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. This is the special contest for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students from the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest is to promote talented young scientists. Participan...more >>