GE Aviation’s Systems business is a global supplier of integrated systems and services that use innovative thinking and a fresh perspective to deliver better fuel efficiency, create fewer emissions and promote the highest potential for asset utilization.
EDC Aviation Systems Team was established in 2005 and now consists of about 200 highly educated and skilled Aviation Engineers supporting the business in major projects. We are involved in design, analysis as well as project management process.
The GE Aviation Systems business is a global provider of electrical power systems, avionics, actuation and landing gear, aerostructures and propeller systems to the builders and operators of military and civil aircraft, from large transports to fighters, UAVs to armored vehicles, and from helicopters to regional and business jets. A global Systems Customer Services network supports all of GE’s products and is tailored to fit the needs of our customers and maximize aircraft availability. Aviation Systems is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and employs 10,000 people at manufacturing, repair and overhaul facilities around the world.
With a broad range of integrated mechanical, power and avionics systems, GE Aviation’s Systems business is bringing the future of flight to today’s civil aircraft. From Integrated Propulsion Systems that create unprecedented engine energy efficiencies to advanced flight management systems that enhance the capacity of the skies, GE provides the advanced technologies critical to superior aircraft performance and is poised to take civil aviation to the next level.
Integrated Mechanical Systems
As the designer, developer and manufacturer of fully integrated mechanical systems for civil aircraft around the globe, GE is investing heavily in new technologies, to provide customers with advanced solutions that ensure mature performance and low technical risk from initial delivery. Our solutions add significant value by optimizing system architectures, simplifying and combining functionality, and improving lifecycle cost and aircraft availability, while reducing part count, cost and weight.
Integrated Power Systems
GE is developing innovative technologies, solutions and systems for advanced energy management. As a leader in the design, development, manufacture and support of primary, secondary and complete electrical power management and distribution solutions, we are working with civil customers worldwide to create the best systems for their specific needs.
Integrated Avionics Systems
By using state-of-the-art digital technology GE is meeting the needs of the world’s evolving airspace. GE’s products – ranging from displays and fuel gauging to an ecomagination℠-certified flight management system – offer the flexibility and enhanced performance that are essential in safety-critical aircraft operations.
Already a leading supplier of aerostructures, nacelles, propellers, landing gear and aerial refueling systems, GE Aviation’s Systems business is investing in new technologies to create the next generation of integrated mechanical systems for civil and military applications around the world. This fresh approach to systems integration helps customers increase capability, improve functionality and lower costs of ownership.
With more than forty years of experience in the manufacture of hard-metal landing gear components and assemblies, GE supplies rotorcraft landing gears and components to customers around the world. We honor our commitment to meet customers’ time-critical development needs by offering complete design-through-delivery capability for full-up aircraft, rotorcraft and unmanned aerial vehicle landing gear.
Landing gear systems
GE designs, develops and manufactures fully integrated landing gear actuation systems for large civil aircraft. Investing heavily in advanced technologies, we are able to provide customers with innovative solutions that ensure mature performance and low technical risk from initial delivery. Our integrated systems offer significant value by optimizing system architectures; simplifying and combining functionality; reducing part count, cost and weight; and improving lifecycle cost and aircraft availability.
As a leading supplier of thrust reverser actuation systems, GE combines innovative designs with an outstanding record of performance and proven reliability. Our capabilities include cowl opening systems, actuation for engine core and inlet/exhaust, and completely integrated systems. Our offerings include hydraulic or electrical powered solutions, and each system is tailored to customer requirements and applications.
We provide electromechanical motion control subsystems for civil and military applications, with product offerings including control electronics, motors, high power mechanical transmissions and actuators. We have extensive experience in motion control subsystems integration for aircraft, land vehicles and PGMs/UAVs. Our EM technology solutions offer significant advantages, like low weight, straightforward maintenance, high reliability and improved system safety.
Aerial refueling systems
GE’s state-of-the-art aerial refueling systems offload up to 600 gallons of fuel per minute, safely and reliably. We supply electromechanical boom actuators, self-powered wing refueling pods, external fuel tanks and digitally controlled hose and drogue refueling systems.
As a principal supplier of all-composite propeller systems, GE’s Dowty Propellers supplies most of the modern generation turboprop engines. Our advanced propeller technology is simple and proven, with advanced aerodynamics blade sections, rugged construction, fail-safe electronic control and lightweight design. Innovative designs offer low noise with minimal vibration and a modular configuration provides low through-life costs.
GE is a global supplier of major aircraft structures in metallics, high-tech composites and acrylics. Our products include wing leading and trailing edge assemblies, flight control surfaces, empennage components, fairings, nacelles, in-flight refueling systems and role equipment. We supply integrated canopy and windscreen systems, as well as the repair and upgrade of both civil and military aircraft structures.
Integrated propulsion systems
We are creating smart engine nacelles for the future of air transportation, bringing a new approach to the concept of integrated propulsion systems. Nexcelle, the joint venture company between GE’s Middle River Aircraft Systems and Safran’s Aircelle, is providing integrated propulsion systems and are both leading suppliers of engine nacelles, thrust reversers and aerostructures. Through Nexcelle’s relationship with CFM International, the company offers unparalleled expertise in the design, development, production and support of integrated propulsion systems for CFM engine applications on a wide range of aircraft. In an innovative approach, Nexcelle and CFM International are working together in evolving truly integrated propulsion systems. The result will be aircraft propulsion systems that are more operationally efficient and cost-effective over the aircraft lifecycle than conventional systems.
- 03/14/2018Recruitment for Edison Engineering Development Program has just started We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year’s edition of the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP). This is a 2 to 2,5 years corporate program for graduates or soon-to-be graduates in mechanical or electrical engineering, who have a passion for technology and would like to develop their career at EDC. During the program future Edisons will overgo the intense technical training – the Advanced Course in ...more >>
- 03/02/2018EDC is launching Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC – the technology program for women We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year's edition of the workshops Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC. It is a series of four Saturday meetings organized in the form of technical and business trainings. The program starts on April 14th and is dedicated to women students of STEM faculties, who are on their 3rd-5th year of study or for fresh graduates. During the four meetings the participants will learn how ...more >>
- 02/02/2018Too cold for a new adventure? Not for EDC motorcycle riders! While the temperature outside drops far below 0˚C, most of the people think about some cozy shelter. Others just start their preparation for outdoor celebration. Between them – Adam Markiewicz and Aleksandra Grzybowska from the EDC Motorcycle Riders. Last weekend they took part in the Winter Sidecar Festival (Zimowe Święto Kosza), that was held at the private polygon located in forest near Niewierszyn (central Poland). This event brings together ...more >>
- 01/24/2018Argentina warmly welcomed Boeing 737-Max with LEAP 1B engines At the end of last year the first Boeing 737-Max powered by LEAP 1B engines was delivered to one of the customers – Aerolineas Argentina. EDC LEAP Fleet Engineer - Marek Galas was there as the EIS customer on-site support within the LEAP-1B expert connect project. The national carrier announced delivering of the new aircraft and our engines very widely in TV, radio and newspapers (full list of promotional activities is available here...more >>
- 01/15/2018Contest for MEiL students and researchers is on track We remind you that you still can join the GE Challenge that is held in cooperation with the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. This is the special contest for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students from the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest is to promote talented young scientists. Participan...more >>