EDC Aviation – GE design office – concentrates its efforts on delivering reliable and competitive product such as jet engines, helicopter engines, marine engines, as well as stationary engines. People at EDC come from a variety of best Polish and foreign technical universities and have been chosen during a thorough and carefully planned recruitment process.
EDC is a design center – we work on new ideas which are later on implemented into engine. When the design has been approved we overview introduction to manufacturing and take responsibility for the quality of the parts made by different vendors all over the world. Moreover, we take care of test planning and oversee when the engine is already running during the test. Our final responsibilities include monitoring the engine fleet behavior to deliver a reliable product for the global economy.
We are currently involved in all commercial product development carried out by GE Aviation. Our involvement starts with very large engines like world highest thrust GE90-115B, through CFM56 which is currently world most popular flown engine family ending with latest HF120 business engine developed in cooperation with HONDA.
Those engines not only power world biggest aircraft A380 but also are being used in a rescue helicopters all over the world.
Working within Aviation gives us the opportunity to contribute to non-flying GE Aviation engines called Land Marine (LM). Many of those have been used on big cruise ships (Queen Mary 2) and in the powering for other vessels. In addition, numerous LM engines are used as power generators for energy and oil & gas applications. Interesting fact – In 2004 GE Aviation’s Composite Fan blade GE90 was put on display in New York Museum of Modern Art in Architecture and Design collection.
Working for Aviation is a challenging task but GE engineers have proved that it is able to meet all tough requirements and deliver world-class designs.
- 10/11/2017Important aeronautics events took place at EDC During last two weeks, Institute of Aviation in Warsaw and General Electric Company Polska Sp. z o.o. organized 3 remarkable aeronautics events, merging science with business: * on Monday, September 25th the EREA (Association of European Research Establishments in Aeronautics) meetings took place, including Board Strategic Workshop and EREA Future Sky Energy Workshop, * from Tuesday, September 26th till Friday September 29th, EASN (Euro...more >>
- 10/09/2017Great success of EDC engineers during the IPMA World Congress On Wednesday September 6th, during the 30th IPMA World Congress held in Astana the project Buzzard Power Generation Upgrade has been awarded with Silver Winner in the IPMA Project Excellence Award 2017, category Big Sized Projects. This project was realized mainly by EDC BHGE engineers from Upgrades Turbomachinery & Process Solutions Team, who worked together with Control Engineering teams from Florence and India on upgrading the power sup...more >>
- 09/29/201730 students from Finland visited EDC On Monday, September 18th EDC hosted a group of 30 students from Helsinki. They represented the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering from the Alto University that is the largest university of technology in Finland. The students came to visit us during their one-week tour across Poland’s industrial landscape. Last year they visited Sweden and two years ago – United Kingdom. At EDC the Finns learned about the cooperation between GE and th...more >>
- 09/19/2017EDC engineers celebrate triathlon successes We are pleased to announce that members of EDC Triathlon group finished holidays with noticeable successes: * on Sunday, September 10th, Radek Serwiński took part in the Ironman 70.3 Word Championship (1,9 km swim, 90 km bike ride and 21,1 km run) in Chattanooga, Teneesee, USA, finishing the race in less than 5 hours; * week earlier, on Sunday, September 3rd, Greg Narojek debuted in the full Ironman in Malbork. He swam 3,8 km, rode 180 km...more >>
- 09/15/2017Two weeks more for signing up for Industrial IoT Hackathon We are still looking for participants to take part in the unique digital tournament – EDC Industrial IoT Hackathon. We extended the time for submitting applications. New deadline is September 30th. The Hackathon will take place on Friday, October 13th during the 8th Night at the Institute of Aviation. Teams comprised of software and hardware developers will spend 24 hours working on the best solution to a challenge related to the aviation indu...more >>