EDC Aviation – GE design office – concentrates its efforts on delivering reliable and competitive product such as jet engines, helicopter engines, marine engines, as well as stationary engines. People at EDC come from a variety of best Polish and foreign technical universities and have been chosen during a thorough and carefully planned recruitment process.
EDC is a design center – we work on new ideas which are later on implemented into engine. When the design has been approved we overview introduction to manufacturing and take responsibility for the quality of the parts made by different vendors all over the world. Moreover, we take care of test planning and oversee when the engine is already running during the test. Our final responsibilities include monitoring the engine fleet behavior to deliver a reliable product for the global economy.
We are currently involved in all commercial product development carried out by GE Aviation. Our involvement starts with very large engines like world highest thrust GE90-115B, through CFM56 which is currently world most popular flown engine family ending with latest HF120 business engine developed in cooperation with HONDA.
Those engines not only power world biggest aircraft A380 but also are being used in a rescue helicopters all over the world.
Working within Aviation gives us the opportunity to contribute to non-flying GE Aviation engines called Land Marine (LM). Many of those have been used on big cruise ships (Queen Mary 2) and in the powering for other vessels. In addition, numerous LM engines are used as power generators for energy and oil & gas applications. Interesting fact – In 2004 GE Aviation’s Composite Fan blade GE90 was put on display in New York Museum of Modern Art in Architecture and Design collection.
Working for Aviation is a challenging task but GE engineers have proved that it is able to meet all tough requirements and deliver world-class designs.
- 05/29/2017Passport 20 Inlet – Bird Strike Certification Test at EDC A big day for EDC just took place on May 24th, 2017, after over 28 months of preparation. Together with Middle River Aircraft Systems (US, Baltimore) EDC (GE Aviation Systems + Warsaw Institute of Aviation) successfully accomplished the first Bird Strike Certification Test lunched at EDC. This is a great achievement and a huge milestone proving that EDC is fully capable of executing such tests, starting from the very beginning (concept) through d...more >>
- 05/19/2017Balancing the Equation – 23 attendees completed EDC Academy Since April 1st, through 8th, 22nd and finally May 13th twenty-three female students of technical faculties on their 3-5 year of study, as well as fresh graduates of such, had a chance to attend EDC Academy – a series of four technical and soft skills training sessions organized by EDC. It was a great opportunity to confront the theory gained at university with the view of real-life engineering work. All four meetings took place at the Engineerin...more >>
- 05/15/2017EDC and MEiL talk about the common future and cooperation On May 11th representatives of Engineering Design Center and the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering (MEiL) of the Warsaw University of Technology met together on the seminar “From Science to Implementation” organized jointly by both institutions. The event took place at the Institute of Heat Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The seminar was opened by prof. Janusz Frączek (Dean of the Faculty of Power and Aeronautic...more >>
- 04/28/2017Oil & Gas celebrates the 10th anniversary at EDC On April 26th and 27th GE Oil & Gas at Engineering Design Center celebrated its 10th anniversary. The two days included inner celebrations for EDC employees, as well as a conference where representatives of O&G companies, science and academia discussed the situation and perspectives for the whole industry. The event was also a part of 25 years of GE in Poland anniversary. On the first day, opened by Marian Lubieniecki (EDC Site Leader)...more >>
- 04/14/2017EDC engineers attended the Additive Summit on April 11th-12th On April 11th and 12th the first Additive Summit was organized on EDC premises. The two days were packed with fresh knowledge on additive manufacturing – the leading topic of today’s engineering. More than 300 EDC engineers from all businesses and over 30 guests from other GE sites who came to EDC to teach and to be taught met together during presentations, discussions, networking sessions and team workshops. The first day involved the lecture...more >>