EDC Aviation – GE design office – concentrates its efforts on delivering reliable and competitive product such as jet engines, helicopter engines, marine engines, as well as stationary engines. People at EDC come from a variety of best Polish and foreign technical universities and have been chosen during a thorough and carefully planned recruitment process.
EDC is a design center – we work on new ideas which are later on implemented into engine. When the design has been approved we overview introduction to manufacturing and take responsibility for the quality of the parts made by different vendors all over the world. Moreover, we take care of test planning and oversee when the engine is already running during the test. Our final responsibilities include monitoring the engine fleet behavior to deliver a reliable product for the global economy.
We are currently involved in all commercial product development carried out by GE Aviation. Our involvement starts with very large engines like world highest thrust GE90-115B, through CFM56 which is currently world most popular flown engine family ending with latest HF120 business engine developed in cooperation with HONDA.
Those engines not only power world biggest aircraft A380 but also are being used in a rescue helicopters all over the world.
Working within Aviation gives us the opportunity to contribute to non-flying GE Aviation engines called Land Marine (LM). Many of those have been used on big cruise ships (Queen Mary 2) and in the powering for other vessels. In addition, numerous LM engines are used as power generators for energy and oil & gas applications. Interesting fact – In 2004 GE Aviation’s Composite Fan blade GE90 was put on display in New York Museum of Modern Art in Architecture and Design collection.
Working for Aviation is a challenging task but GE engineers have proved that it is able to meet all tough requirements and deliver world-class designs.
- 03/14/2018Recruitment for Edison Engineering Development Program has just started We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year’s edition of the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP). This is a 2 to 2,5 years corporate program for graduates or soon-to-be graduates in mechanical or electrical engineering, who have a passion for technology and would like to develop their career at EDC. During the program future Edisons will overgo the intense technical training – the Advanced Course in ...more >>
- 03/02/2018EDC is launching Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC – the technology program for women We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year's edition of the workshops Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC. It is a series of four Saturday meetings organized in the form of technical and business trainings. The program starts on April 14th and is dedicated to women students of STEM faculties, who are on their 3rd-5th year of study or for fresh graduates. During the four meetings the participants will learn how ...more >>
- 02/02/2018Too cold for a new adventure? Not for EDC motorcycle riders! While the temperature outside drops far below 0˚C, most of the people think about some cozy shelter. Others just start their preparation for outdoor celebration. Between them – Adam Markiewicz and Aleksandra Grzybowska from the EDC Motorcycle Riders. Last weekend they took part in the Winter Sidecar Festival (Zimowe Święto Kosza), that was held at the private polygon located in forest near Niewierszyn (central Poland). This event brings together ...more >>
- 01/24/2018Argentina warmly welcomed Boeing 737-Max with LEAP 1B engines At the end of last year the first Boeing 737-Max powered by LEAP 1B engines was delivered to one of the customers – Aerolineas Argentina. EDC LEAP Fleet Engineer - Marek Galas was there as the EIS customer on-site support within the LEAP-1B expert connect project. The national carrier announced delivering of the new aircraft and our engines very widely in TV, radio and newspapers (full list of promotional activities is available here...more >>
- 01/15/2018Contest for MEiL students and researchers is on track We remind you that you still can join the GE Challenge that is held in cooperation with the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. This is the special contest for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students from the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest is to promote talented young scientists. Participan...more >>