EDC Aviation – GE design office – concentrates its efforts on delivering reliable and competitive product such as jet engines, helicopter engines, marine engines, as well as stationary engines. People at EDC come from a variety of best Polish and foreign technical universities and have been chosen during a thorough and carefully planned recruitment process.
EDC is a design center – we work on new ideas which are later on implemented into engine. When the design has been approved we overview introduction to manufacturing and take responsibility for the quality of the parts made by different vendors all over the world. Moreover, we take care of test planning and oversee when the engine is already running during the test. Our final responsibilities include monitoring the engine fleet behavior to deliver a reliable product for the global economy.
We are currently involved in all commercial product development carried out by GE Aviation. Our involvement starts with very large engines like world highest thrust GE90-115B, through CFM56 which is currently world most popular flown engine family ending with latest HF120 business engine developed in cooperation with HONDA.
Those engines not only power world biggest aircraft A380 but also are being used in a rescue helicopters all over the world.
Working within Aviation gives us the opportunity to contribute to non-flying GE Aviation engines called Land Marine (LM). Many of those have been used on big cruise ships (Queen Mary 2) and in the powering for other vessels. In addition, numerous LM engines are used as power generators for energy and oil & gas applications. Interesting fact – In 2004 GE Aviation’s Composite Fan blade GE90 was put on display in New York Museum of Modern Art in Architecture and Design collection.
Working for Aviation is a challenging task but GE engineers have proved that it is able to meet all tough requirements and deliver world-class designs.
- 12/06/2017GE Day took place at the Gdańsk University of Technology Last week, on November 29th, representatives of BHGE Warsaw and BHGE Elbląg met with the students of the Gdańsk University of Technology. Those students are thinking about continuing their education on the graduate specialization of the Subsea Technologies at the Faculty of Ocean Engineering and Ship Technology. The meeting – GE Day – took part for the fifth time as the part of a special cooperation between EDC and the University of Technology...more >>
- 11/28/2017Test rig in EDC Component Test Lab is equipped with new gearbox As a result of jointed effort of EDC engineers from Component Test Lab (CTL) and Mechanical Systems teams, on Monday, November 20th, our test rig was equipped with new multiplication gearbox. Our engineers were engaged in the design process supporting the supplier. They also witnessed the initial test at the supplier site to minimalize the operational risk and to ensure that the gearbox will meet the design intend. Consequently, after over a y...more >>
- 11/06/2017EDC at Pitch Bootcamp On October 29th, EDC took part in the Pitch Bootcamp event held at the Google Warsaw Campus. The event was organized by the IAESTE Student Association (The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience). Pitch Bootcamp is an international career accelerator and case study for students, with 93 editions already in more than 17 countries. Over 9500 students and 1350 companies took part in the event, which re...more >>
- 11/02/2017EDC organizes a contest for MEiL students and researchers We are pleased to inform that EDC organizes a GE Challenge for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students. It will start on December 1st and will be held in cooperation with the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest will be to promote talented young scientists. Participants will look for unconventional solutions that can contribute to the developmen...more >>
- 10/27/2017The 15th edition of Justyna Moniuszko Scholarship Program started on October 23rd We invite all students of the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering to apply to the 15th edition of Justyna Moniuszko Scholarship Program. The goal of the scholarship is to support talented students financially and to popularize the engineering culture among them by enabling participation in internships, meetings with engineers and career development trainings. We are waiting for applications till November 5th. L...more >>