Praktyki w zespole ATP Advanced Turboprop
ATP Advanced Turboprop
Engineer in LEAP TCF Turbine Center Frame Team - Long-term Apprenticeship Program
LEAP TCF Turbine Center Frame
Aviation Systems (6)
Data & Analytics
Software Engineer - Java
DT Carbon - Data Leakers
Scrum Master - Staff Agile Transformer
Digital Technology - Carbon
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Digital Technology - Oxygen
Senior Software Engineer - Java Script
DT Carbon - Data Leakers
Staz w Centum Turbin Gazowych
NPI New Product Introduction
Data Scientist / Analytics Engineer
Analytics & Automation
Durability Engineer / Analyst (Rail)
EDC Supporting Functions (1)
FE Analysis - Internship Program
Team: PWR DP AT AFEA Analysis FEA - Power
Ref. no.: P/Intern/FEA/1
Engineering Design Center (EDC) was created under an agreement between General Electric and the Institute of Aviation. Our engineers work in following areas: aircraft jet engines, gas and steam turbines, electric motors and generators, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, as well as industrial installations including pipelines, and automatics. EDC employs over 1800 engineers and is the largest engineering center in the Central Europe.
Role Summary / Purpose
This is a great opportunity to join the Distributed Power Technology organization for a 2-month internship. Due to the growing integration of the computational tools to drive model-based design in GE Gas Engines, we are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable FEA engineer whose main focus will be the support of our current engineering programs. The successful candidate will be engaged in a diverse selection of tasks including, but not limited to general ANSYS analysis and torsional vibration analysis in the framework of tool benchmarking to support process standardization and improvement. You will be responsible for the preparation and presentation of technical reports as well as the participation in technical reviews with peers.
You will be placed in a dynamic team and work atmosphere where you will be able to leverage on our expertise to learn advanced FEM tools and applications and familiarize with the GE Gas Engine product line and organizational environment.
- Working within the Analysis & Simulation team and in conjunction with the other disciplines, undertake general FE analysis, primarily focused on torsional vibration analysis (TVA). The nature of the work is will require sound understanding of dynamic types of analysis.
- Revision of applicable documents and standards focusing on TVA (e.g IACS M53)
- Engage in the benchmarking of analysis processes aimed at improving stardadization and simplification.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, under the supervision and guidance of lead and senior engineers. This will include participation in new product and technology development programs and other quality process, providing analysis support at both the component and system levels.
- Provide analytical input to lead and senior engineers for inclusion into standard design practices and analytical processes.
- Prepare written technical reports and present individual results and project progress within project design reviews, NPI meetings and other forums within technology.
- Final year / Master course in Mechanical/Automotive/Aerospace Engineering or similar specialization.
- Familiarity with the analysis & development of reciprocating engines and their systems.
- Sound background in solid mechanics is essential
- Experience with FEM tools (ANSYS, GT Suite, Abaqus, FEMFAT and/or FEsafe) will be considered an advantage.
- Coding /scripting experience in APDL, VBA, Python will be considered as advantage
- Familiarity with CAD tools: NX, CATIA.
- An ongoing drive to learn the use of new tools, techniques and to expand experience into other analysis domains supported by a willingness to share knowledge and experience with peers.
- You are comfortable in an international working environment and have strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Comfortable with presentation of technical reports to a broad audience.
- Paid 2 months Internship at our office in Warsaw
- Position in international environment with the possibility of professional skills development
- Flexible working hours
- Access to modern technologies
- Friendly atmosphere
- Interesting projects
Qualifications / Requirements
I hereby authorize GE Company Polska Sp. z o.o. based in Warsaw and the Institute of Aviation based in Warsaw to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personnel Protection Act 29.08.1997 (Dz. U. 2002 no 101 position 926).