Praktyki w zespole ATP Advanced Turboprop
ATP Advanced Turboprop
Engineer in LEAP TCF Turbine Center Frame Team - Long-term Apprenticeship Program
LEAP TCF Turbine Center Frame
Aviation Systems (6)
Data & Analytics
Software Engineer - Java
DT Carbon - Data Leakers
Scrum Master - Staff Agile Transformer
Digital Technology - Carbon
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Digital Technology - Oxygen
Senior Software Engineer - Java Script
DT Carbon - Data Leakers
Staz w Centum Turbin Gazowych
NPI New Product Introduction
Data Scientist / Analytics Engineer
Analytics & Automation
Durability Engineer / Analyst (Rail)
EDC Supporting Functions (1)
CFD Powertrain - Long-term Apprenticeship Program
Team: PWR DP AT ACFD Analysis CFD - Power
Ref. no.: P/Intern/CFD/1
Engineering Design Center (EDC) was created under an agreement between General Electric and the Institute of Aviation. Our engineers work in following areas: aircraft jet engines, gas and steam turbines, electric motors and generators, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, as well as industrial installations including pipelines, and automatics. EDC employs over 1800 engineers and is the largest engineering center in the Central Europe.
Role Summary / Purpose
This is a great opportunity to join the Distributed Power Advanced Technology organization for a 6-month internship. Due to the growing integration of the computational tools to drive model-based design in GE Gas Engines, we are looking for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable engineer with some background expertise in CFD and internal combustion engines. You will be engaged in supporting of our current deck of engineering programs involving a diverse selection of tasks including, but not limited to, multi-phase flows, heat transfer and ventilation systems and duct flows to support our NPI, NTI programs. You will be also responsible for the preparation and presentation of technical reports as well as the participation in technical reviews with peers.
- Perform benchmarking of CFD tools and procedures currently utilized by the team by means of comparison between two different solvers.
- Complete configuration optimization analysis projects based on parametric CFD data.
- Contribute to the preparation of standard analysis procedures for inclusion within component and sub-system level design practices and work practices
- Collaborate with global teams and ensure that identified external analysis activities are clearly specified, sourced, executed, reviewed and signed off in accordance with the overall project timeline.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to ensure a smooth progress of the tasks assigned.
- Prepare written technical reports and present individual results and project progress at project design reviews, NPI meetings and other forums within technology.
- Prepare and present a summary report-out document at the end of the internship term.
- Final year / Master course in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering or similar specialization.
- Familiarity with the analysis & development of reciprocating engines and their systems.
- Sound background in fluid dynamics and thermodynamics is essential
- Familiarity with CFD tools is required, whereas previous experience with ANSYS CFX, ICEM CFD, Converge CFD and/or EnSight will be considered an advantage.
- Sound understanding of internal and external aerodynamics and different modes of heat transfer.
- Experience with Linux environment and parallel computing.
- An ongoing drive to learn the use of new tools, techniques and to expand experience into other analysis domains supported by a willingness to share knowledge and experience with peers.
- You are comfortable in an international working environment and have strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Comfortable with presentation of technical reports to a broad audience.
- Paid 6 months Internship at our office in Warsaw
- Position in international environment with the possibility of professional skills development
- Flexible working hours
- Access to modern technologies
- Friendly atmosphere
- Interesting projects
- Private healthcare and Multisport
Qualifications / Requirements
I hereby authorize GE Company Polska Sp. z o.o. based in Warsaw and the Institute of Aviation based in Warsaw to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personnel Protection Act 29.08.1997 (Dz. U. 2002 no 101 position 926).