PT/EX Power Turbine/Exhaust
PT/EX Power Turbine/Exhaust
Aviation Systems (5)
Systems Engineer - Avionics/Power
Systems Team "Sierra Papa"
Advanced Lead Mechanical Engineer
Software Engineer - C/C++
Digital Services Solutions
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Digital Technology - Oxygen
Senior Software Engineer - Java Script
EDC Aviation Digital
EDC Supporting Functions (1)
EDC Supporting Functions / Internship (1)
Team: PRO Outage Engineering - Power
Ref. no.: P/GTC/O&ALOE/1
Engineering Design Center (EDC) was created under an agreement between General Electric and the Institute of Aviation. Our engineers work in following areas: aircraft jet engines, gas and steam turbines, electric motors and generators, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, as well as industrial installations including pipelines, and automatics. EDC employs over 1800 engineers and is the largest engineering center in the Central Europe.
Role Summary / Purpose
In connection with dynamic growth and creation of GE Digital Power Plant within Power Services Engineering at Gas Turbine Center, the team enters exciting & challenging opportunities.
This unique assignment will enable diving into entire power plant scope programs, GE and former Alstom components, and what is most important finding innovative digital solutions to the world’s biggest problems.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting GE Power Generation Services by Outage Planning for GE, legacy Alstom, Steam Turbines and Generators
- Leading Outage planning calls with site team and regional teams
- Offline data collection health analysis of steam turbines and generators
- Providing to site team, based on unit operational data, unavailability causes and fleet issues, programs driving unit reliability and availability
- Driving outage productivity by proposing new tools and process
- Supporting creation of Outage planning software
- Supporting development of generator rewind prediction capabilities
- Interact with cross-functional teams at multiple levels in the execution of productivity programs, to include but not limited to: Product Service, Product Lines, MYA Risk, Design COE, Reliability Engineering, Customer Support Engineering, Application Engineering, Parts, Sourcing and RTCOE
- Assess unit health through evaluation of unit operational data, data analytics, historical outage reports, fleet issues, and both fleet and unit specific part’s distress modes/events history
- Generate interval outage scope recommendations aligned to productivity cost and cycle targets, reliability and performance goals, and Customer value
- Maintain a current level of awareness and understanding of fleet issues with associated corrective actions
- Integrate LEAN Six Sigma, Simplification, Fast Works and other quality tools into day-to-day activities
- BSc/MSc in Engineering and equivalent experience
- Experience in an engineering capacity
- Experience with turbomachinery in an engineering capacity
- Technical background in the design of steam turbines, generators
- Effective interpersonal, Communication skills, oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix global organization
- Proven track record of delivering results in a dynamic business environment
- Be able to connect the loose ends and present a comprehensive story.
- Familiarity with Weibull++, or reliability estimates.
- Good Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Understanding of Generator, Steam Turbines maintenance,
- Position in international environment with the possibility of professional skills development
- Travels to Suppliers/Overhaul Shops/Engineering Sites located all over the world
- Wide scope of extra benefits for employees and their families, including private healthcare and extra life insurance
- Flexible work time
- Access to modern technologies
- Friendly atmosphere
- Interesting and challenging projects
- Competitive salary
Qualifications / Requirements
I hereby authorize GE Company Polska Sp. z o.o. based in Warsaw and the Institute of Aviation based in Warsaw to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personnel Protection Act 29.08.1997 (Dz. U. 2002 no 101 position 926).