Praktyki w zespole ATP Advanced Turboprop
ATP Advanced Turboprop
Engineer in LEAP TCF Turbine Center Frame Team - Long-term Apprenticeship Program
LEAP TCF Turbine Center Frame
Aviation Systems (8)
Data & Analytics
Software Engineer - Java
DT Carbon - Data Leakers
Aviation Systems Mechanical
EDC Aviation Digital
Scrum Master - Staff Agile Transformer
Digital Technology - Carbon
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer - Java
Digital Technology - Oxygen
Senior Software Engineer - Java Script
DT Carbon - Data Leakers
Staz w Centum Turbin Gazowych
NPI New Product Introduction
Data Scientist / Analytics Engineer
Analytics & Automation
Durability Engineer / Analyst (Rail)
EDC Supporting Functions (1)
Apprenticeship in Aviation Systems - Propellers D&A
Team: Propellers Design & Analysis - Aviation Systems
Ref. no.: AS/A/1
Engineering Design Center (EDC) was created under an agreement between General Electric and the Institute of Aviation. Our engineers work in following areas: aircraft jet engines, gas and steam turbines, electric motors and generators, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, as well as industrial installations including pipelines, and automatics. EDC employs over 1800 engineers and is the largest engineering center in the Central Europe.
Role Summary / Purpose
GE Aviation Systems Mechanical in EDC takes care of Nacelles, Aerostructures, Unison, Power and Dowty Propeller design. Due to growth of the Propellers D&A organization in EDC and increase of our responsibility in a design process there is a need for Apprenticeship – Engineer. We are looking for people with mechanical design background to support Dowty Propeller which is a leader in the design, development and manufacture of composite propeller systems.
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the design required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
- Monitor and effectively communicate projects status, issues and significant developments.
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated to substantiate analyzed components, assemblies and/or systems consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Execute the analysis calculations related to the assigned projects.
- Recommend approach to meet the technical and program requirements. Implement plans to achieve technical requirements, schedules and contract commitments.
- Participate as a presenter in technical reviews.
- Support specific functional &/or organizational initiatives.
- Learn & apply new technical tools, methods and concepts under the supervision of others.
- Assimilate technical information and practices; master the technical aspects of his/her jobs; demonstrate self-discipline and desire to learn.
- Knowledge of CAD software (Catia V5 or/and Pro/Engineer knowledge is desired).
- Knowledge of other FE method tools/software (Ansys Workbench or/and Ansys Classic would be an advantage).
- Microsoft Office (excel, word, power point).
- Mechanical design background.
- Basic knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Finite Element Method basics.
- Strength of materials knowledge.
- Demonstrated high written and verbal communication skills, good English (reading, speaking and writing).
- 6-months apprenticeship
- Taking part in real projects as a team member.
- State-of-the-art tools.
- Access to modern technologies.
- Friendly atmosphere.
- Flexible work time.
- Opportunities for the future – we keep in touch with our former interns.
Qualifications / Requirements
I hereby authorize GE Company Polska Sp. z o.o. based in Warsaw and the Institute of Aviation based in Warsaw to process my personal data included in my job application for the needs of the recruitment process and future recruitment processes, in accordance with the Personnel Protection Act 29.08.1997 (Dz. U. 2002 no 101 position 926).