EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 08/21/2017Predix 2.0 Hackathon is coming on October 13th – don’t miss it On Friday, October 13th, first Predix 2.0 Hackathon will take place in Poland. This event, organized by Engineering Design Center, will be a part of the 8th Night at the Institute of Aviation in Warsaw. Teams comprised of software and hardware developers will spend 24 hours working on the best solution to a challenge related to the aviation industry and based on Predix software platform (read...more >>
- 07/20/2017EDC Oil & Gas engineering teams are now a part of Baker Hughes, a GE Company structure On Tuesday, July 18th, EDC Oil & Gas engineering teams celebrated the creation of Baker Hughes, a GE company (BHGE), part of which they became on the 3rd of July. BHGE is a merger of two companies with a long and rich history – Baker Hughes and General Electric. From now on, these companies will work together to bring the oil & gas industry together –...more >>
- 07/14/2017Over 100 engineers attended [email protected] and FFT trainings at EDC! From Monday, July 10th to Thursday, July 13th Engineering Design Center hosted two trainings – [email protected] and Fundamentals for Technologists. Over 100 engineers from all over the world and various GE businesses (Aviation, Healthcare, Oil & Gas, Power, Energy Connections, Current & Global Research Center) had a chance to tour EDC laboratories and listen to EDC speeches led by EDC Managers. FFT (Fundamentals for Technologists) This course provided...more >>
- 06/10/201720 American students visit EDC On Monday, May 29th EDC hosted a group of 20 students of American universities who came to Poland on a 2-week long scholarship visit under the patronage of President of Poland Andrzej Duda. The scholarship’s aim is to familiarize young people with Poland’s economic potential and our leading role in the Eastern Europe region so that the program’s participants can later act as Poland’s ambassadors...more >>
- 05/29/2017Passport 20 Inlet – Bird Strike Certification Test at EDC A big day for EDC just took place on May 24th, 2017, after over 28 months of preparation. Together with Middle River Aircraft Systems (US, Baltimore) EDC (GE Aviation Systems + Warsaw Institute of Aviation) successfully accomplished the first Bird Strike Certification Test lunched at EDC. This is a great achievement and a huge milestone proving that EDC is fully capable of executing such tests, starting from...more >>