EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 07/22/2016GE Upgrades Polish District Heating Plant GE’s Power Services announced that it will modernize one of three Zamech-made district-heating steam turbine-generator sets at Veolia Energia Poznań ZEC SA, a 275-megawatt (MW). GE gained global capabilities to service non-GE supplied steam turbine equipment through its acquisition of Alstom Power’s thermal services business in November 2015. This project contributes to GE’s growing portfolio of solutions to help support the long-term role of Poland’s...more >>
- 07/13/2016State-of-the-art Avionics Lab at EDC Year 2015 saw the opening of yet another test facility at the Institute of Aviation – the specialized Avionics Laboratory. Its creation goes along with Engineering Design Center’s course towards a more digital and software-oriented organization. The laboratory was fully financed and is owned by the Institute of Aviation. The idea to create such a lab was born at the end of 2014. In spite of...more >>
- 06/24/2016Jeff Immelt visits Warsaw – Interview on investments in the region Last week Jeff Immelt visited Europe on a tour during which he visited several European capitals, including Paris, Berlin, Prague and, most importantly for us, Warsaw. In Paris he attended ‘Minds & Machines’ and discussed GE’s transformation into a digital company while in Warsaw and Prague he held meetings focusing on the energy sector in Central & Eastern Europe (CEE). On Thursday, June 6th GE...more >>
- 06/15/2016EDC Engineer took 2nd place in Polish Gliding Championships Łukasz Grabowski (GE Aviation) was awarded Polish Vice-Champion in 15 meter class gliders. The competition was held in Leszno (Wielkopolska) from May 27th till June 4th. Łukasz was second best among the total number of 33 participants. During gliding competition contestants have to fly through a defined route, trying to cover the longest possible distance. The whole flying must be completed with use of forces of nature only...more >>
- 06/01/2016EDC celebrated diversity once again EDC started the week with EDC Diversity Day on Monday, May 30th, to celebrate diversity that surrounds us. We used this day as an opportunity to reflect on diversity and think of topics connected to the diverse society we are a part of. Everyone had a chance to check their knowledge on diversity-related topics by solving the Diversity Quiz. The best two results won 2-person tickets...more >>