EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 10/12/2018Bizjet with P20 engine designed partially at EDC received important Certification EDC teams had their huge share in getting the Transport Canada Type Certification by the Bombardier flagship - Global 7500 business jet, powered by GE’s Passport engine. Our engineers were working on the engine and nacelle (IPS – Integrated Propolution System) from the very beginning to be part of both Block 1 to Flight Test Program and Block 2 to Entry Into Service configurations, followed by this successful certification....more >>
- 10/11/2018We celebrated 30 days of Mindfulness In September and October, at EDC, we celebrated the Mindfulness Month. This is the program that has been designed by GE in collaboration with Headspace to help employees be more present in their lives. Within this event EDC HealthAhead team organized a series of Mindfulness and Yoga classes. Workshops were led by experienced trainers. One is a member of the Mindfulness Association Poland and the second...more >>
- 09/27/2018EDC stand at the 9. Night at the Institute of Aviation We would like to invite you to the 9th Night at the Institute of Aviation, that will take place on Friday, October 12th. This is the largest nocturnal educational event in Poland, aimed at popularization of aviation and aerospace industry sector in Poland and at promoting engineering professions. Engineering Design Center is going to be there just like in previous years. For our guests we prepared...more >>
- 09/07/2018Our delegation took part at the biggest military fair in Europe – MSPO 2018 This week, between Tuesday, September 4th and Friday, September 7th, GE delegation takes part in the 26th International Defence Industry Exhibition MSPO in Kielce – the biggest military fair in Europe. Last year, more than 35 000 guests visited the Exhibition, while 618 exhibitors from 27 counties showed their products there. We asked Krzysztof Połomski, Senior Business Development Manager, what he thinks about our stay at the...more >>
- 08/17/2018You have 2 weeks to sign up for the EDC Hackathon 2018 - Flight Simulator In a month the 2nd Edition of EDC Hackathon will take place during the 9th Night at the Institute of Aviation in Warsaw. 16 participants will design and program the cockpits of the Flight Simulator in only 24 hours. You can be one of them! Till the end of August we are looking for software and hardware developers, who will work on finding the best solution to the special avionics and gaming task....more >>