EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 09/03/2016Registration started for the 3rd Institute of Aviation Run The 3rd edition of the Institute of Aviation Run will take place on Sunday, October 9th. Registration for the run has just been launched at www.bieginstytutulotnictwa.pl. The Institute of Aviation Run is a 5 km street run. This year for the first time apart from the main run a relay run is available. Teams of 3 will compete on the distance of around 1700 m each, together covering the...more >>
- 08/31/2016EDC Bikers brand new outfits Our biking community is well recognized in the streets of Warsaw, firstly due to the high number of EDC bikers riding regularly, but also thanks to the distinctive outfits. Now we have the new ones. Fresh and simple design, matching colors and visible logos of EDC and HealthAhead will not remain unseen on bicycle paths. GE’s HealthAhead initiative, with a great support of the Institute of...more >>
- 08/12/2016Building up new competences – 7E Turbine at GTC After a long journey, the 7E turbine arrived at GTC. This opens up a new chapter for our Gas Turbine Center, enabling our teams to work on a “real animal”. The 7E unit will be used for a huge array of tooling and inspection techniques development. Collocated RDC and Outage teams will also be working together on brazing and welding repairs to optimize existing repairs and...more >>
- 08/08/2016EDC Community bids farewell to Magdalena Nizik, the resigning leader of EDC On Friday, August 8th the whole Engineering Design Center Community had a chance to say goodbye to Magdalena Nizik, General Electric Company Polska Sp. z o.o.’s Chairman of the Board. A few hundred employees gathered in the largest EDC’s auditorium to say thank you and hand over farewell gifts for Magda. After 13 years of dedicated service to GE and the EDC site, Magda Nizik has...more >>
- 07/29/2016Software teams grow strong at EDC Software development and data analytics are fresh areas of expertise, compared to the 16 years of overall EDC presence on the Polish market. However, we already have strong and growing analytics and software teams in two businesses – Aviation and Power. The team members work hard to make GE aviation and energy products better and better every day. The Aviation Digital team is divided into three...more >>