EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 10/18/2016Technology freaks began the weekend at the Institute of Aviation Last Friday night was a real treat for technology fans. On 14th October, during 7 Noc w Instytucie Lotnictwa, all GE industrial businesses were represented at the specially prepared Engineering Design Center tent. Guests could visit us and see a hand-made model picturing the route electricity has to travel to be available at our homes, a 3D printing show of reciprocating engine elements, aircraft engine parts...more >>
- 10/10/2016Hundreds of runners inside the Institute of Aviation On Sunday, October 9th the 3rd Institute of Aviation Run took place. Over 300 runners finished the main run, 71 of which were EDC employees. Out of 36 relay teams, 13 were put up for the competition by EDC. Institute of Aviation Run is organized in cooperation with GE’s HealthAhead initiative which is very active in promoting healthy lifestyle among EDC employees. Thanks to this so...more >>
- 10/07/2016EDC at 7 Noc w Instytucie Lotnictwa 7 Noc w Instytucie Lotnictwa is just a week away! It will take place on Friday, October 14th. As always, Engineering Design Center is going to be there – all EDC businesses are involved in creating our stand. Visitors will also have an opportunity to tour the EDC laboratories. What to expect this year? At the EDC tent representatives of businesses will be waiting for you with: hand-made...more >>
- 10/05/2016End of summer internship season at EDC So far this year over 70 students have completed their internship, 3 attended the “Grasz o Staż” program, and 8 persons are taking part in the apprenticeships at EDC. In 2016 we have changed the rules of internships, launching our brand new long-term apprenticeship program. “Before, EDC offered only 1-month internships for students. The long-term apprenticeship program is aimed at fresh graduates who search for their...more >>
- 09/30/2016Innovation Advisory Council took place at EDC On Friday September 23rd EDC hosted a session of the Innovation Advisory Council of the Capital City of Warsaw. The council is an advisory body at the President of the Capital City of Warsaw gathering representatives of government institutions, universities and private companies who work together to ensure that Warsaw supports innovation on various level as a city. The session started with a presentation of the...more >>