EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 01/16/201710th Conference Fatigue of Aircraft Structures open for EDC engineers EDC engineers attended the 10th Conference Fatigue of Aircraft Structures, organized on May 12-13th by the Institute of Aviation’s Materials and Structures Research Center. The topics raised at the conference were very interesting for our engineers, especially those dealing with materials and structures issues on the daily basis. The topics of the conference covered most of the matters related to fatigue of materials and aircraft structures, e.g....more >>
- 01/12/2017The announcement of the invitation to submit offers for preparation of an information sign for the project realized as part of Smart Growth Operational Program General Electric Company Polska Sp. z o.o informs that it is conducting a process of collecting offers for realization of an information sign for the project: Cooling technology development of High Pressure Turbine components with special focus on Blades & Nozzles. All entities interested in preparing the sign, with experience in carrying out work which is the object of the intended procurement, are requested to...more >>
- 01/04/2017Check out GE's technology in action captured in the photographs Every year, GE sends photographers, filmmakers and other artists around the world to document its technology in action. 2016 was no different. Pilot and photographer Adam Senatori flew to the Farnborough International Airshow to photograph the world’s latest and largest planes, Chris New went inside GE’s brand-new 3D-printing factory, and lensman and musician Ruben Wu visited America’s first offshore wind farm off the coast of...more >>
- 12/23/2016Holiday greetings from EDC With this wonderful time of year approaching, we would like to wish you a great holiday season and all the best for 2017. May the holiday break be the time to relax, gather with your close ones, and refuel with new energy for the upcoming challenges. Thank you for being with us!...more >>
- 12/21/2016EDC employees engage in Christmas-related charity events Our employees are always very active if it comes to charity and volunteering. With the Christmas time approaching this kind of actions became even more intensive. Within the “Szlachetna Paczka”, a really great and well-recognized initiative, EDC community supported three wonderful families and certainly delivered great results. We managed to buy or collect the items the families requested as major needs – a fridge, a sofa bed,...more >>