EDC :: Engineering Design Center
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power&Water and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1600 engineers and plans to continue growing.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 12/06/2013EDC Aero Engineering technical support for 2014 Winter Olympic and Paralympic Games in Sochi In November, couple engineers from P&W Distributed Power team spent almost 3 weeks in Djubga, Russia participating and supporting the performance test for the first two LMS100 PB units. Dzhubginskaya TPP site was built to provide power for...more >>
- 12/06/2013Christmas Fair On Thursday, December 5th children with their tutors from ZOW Marymont visited EDC to sell handmade Christmas gifts. The event was so popular that almost all crafts were sold. In 3.5 hours they collected 1650PLN. Many thanks for...more >>
- 12/05/2013Let’s paint! Renovation at ZOW Marymont (public social assistance organization) On 29th and 30th November 17 employees from EDC’s GE Volunteers visited Zespół Ognisk Wychowawczych in Paska Street where children from families in difficult financial situation can spend their time...more >>
- 11/27/2013Head of GRC Munich visits EDC On Monday, November 25th, Carlos Haertel – Head of the GE Global Research Center in Munich has visited EDC. During the meeting with EDC representaives of all the GE businesses dialogue was held on tightening the cooperation...more >>
- 11/26/2013From GEforCEE blog - Europe is on the Doorstep of a Great Trade Transformation After the recent second round of TTIP negotiations in Brussels, the debate on transatlantic partnership did not end. AmCham is now continuing the discussion at many events, involving key politicians. John Kerry, US Secretary of State took his share...more >>