EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 08/12/2016Building up new competences – 7E Turbine at GTC After a long journey, the 7E turbine arrived at GTC. This opens up a new chapter for our Gas Turbine Center, enabling our teams to work on a “real animal”. The 7E unit will be used for a huge array of tooling and inspection techniques development. Collocated RDC and Outage teams will also be working together on brazing and welding repairs to optimize existing repairs and...more >>
- 08/08/2016EDC Community bids farewell to Magdalena Nizik, the resigning leader of EDC On Friday, August 8th the whole Engineering Design Center Community had a chance to say goodbye to Magdalena Nizik, General Electric Company Polska Sp. z o.o.’s Chairman of the Board. A few hundred employees gathered in the largest EDC’s auditorium to say thank you and hand over farewell gifts for Magda. After 13 years of dedicated service to GE and the EDC site, Magda Nizik has...more >>
- 07/29/2016Software teams grow strong at EDC Software development and data analytics are fresh areas of expertise, compared to the 16 years of overall EDC presence on the Polish market. However, we already have strong and growing analytics and software teams in two businesses – Aviation and Power. The team members work hard to make GE aviation and energy products better and better every day. The Aviation Digital team is divided into three...more >>
- 07/22/2016GE Upgrades Polish District Heating Plant GE’s Power Services announced that it will modernize one of three Zamech-made district-heating steam turbine-generator sets at Veolia Energia Poznań ZEC SA, a 275-megawatt (MW). GE gained global capabilities to service non-GE supplied steam turbine equipment through its acquisition of Alstom Power’s thermal services business in November 2015. This project contributes to GE’s growing portfolio of solutions to help support the long-term role of Poland’s...more >>
- 07/13/2016State-of-the-art Avionics Lab at EDC Year 2015 saw the opening of yet another test facility at the Institute of Aviation – the specialized Avionics Laboratory. Its creation goes along with Engineering Design Center’s course towards a more digital and software-oriented organization. The laboratory was fully financed and is owned by the Institute of Aviation. The idea to create such a lab was born at the end of 2014. In spite of...more >>