EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 11/28/2017Test rig in EDC Component Test Lab is equipped with new gearbox As a result of jointed effort of EDC engineers from Component Test Lab (CTL) and Mechanical Systems teams, on Monday, November 20th, our test rig was equipped with new multiplication gearbox. Our engineers were engaged in the design process supporting the supplier. They also witnessed the initial test at the supplier site to minimalize the operational risk and to ensure that the gearbox will meet...more >>
- 11/06/2017EDC at Pitch Bootcamp On October 29th, EDC took part in the Pitch Bootcamp event held at the Google Warsaw Campus. The event was organized by the IAESTE Student Association (The International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience). Pitch Bootcamp is an international career accelerator and case study for students, with 93 editions already in more than 17 countries. Over 9500 students and 1350 companies took part...more >>
- 11/02/2017EDC organizes a contest for MEiL students and researchers We are pleased to inform that EDC organizes a GE Challenge for students-scientists, researchers, scientific circles and PhD students. It will start on December 1st and will be held in cooperation with the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering of the Warsaw University of Technology. The aim of this contest will be to promote talented young scientists. Participants will look for unconventional solutions that can...more >>
- 10/27/2017The 15th edition of Justyna Moniuszko Scholarship Program started on October 23rd We invite all students of the Faculty of Power and Aeronautical Engineering to apply to the 15th edition of Justyna Moniuszko Scholarship Program. The goal of the scholarship is to support talented students financially and to popularize the engineering culture among them by enabling participation in internships, meetings with engineers and career development trainings. We are waiting for applications till November 5th. Later a specially organized committee will...more >>
- 10/26/2017EDC celebrated the first ever Innovation Day As innovation is vital for us at EDC, on October 25th we organized Innovation Day – open house event. EDC employees could have come to learn more about the creativity of their colleagues and exchange knowledge on innovative approaches implemented in different projects. During this event, teams from Institute of Aviation and from all EDC businesses (Aviation, Power, BHGE, Transportation, Additive, and Digital) presented their innovative...more >>