EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 07/20/2018Over 50 young engineers attended [email protected] training at our site From Monday, July 16th till Thursday, July 19th, at EDC we hosted the [email protected] training. Over 50 young engineers from all over the world and from various GE businesses: Aviation Engines, Aviation Systems, BHGE, Power, and Renewables) had a chance to explore our multidisciplinary engineering center’s facilities. The attractions included EDC laboratories tour (Materials Lab, Component Test Lab and Avionics Lab) and speeches given by...more >>
- 07/16/2018US students visited EDC within the Presidential Scholarship In June 2018, 20 students from various US universities, visited EDC taking part in the 2nd edition of the Presidential Scholarship in Poland. They visited our laboratories and talked with our engineers about their projects and careers. The whole program was organized by GE, the Chancellery of the Polish President and the Polish-Slavic Federal Credit Union (PSFCU). It lasted 10 days and during that time...more >>
- 07/13/2018EDC takes part in the historical GE Power project On Thursday, July 12th GE signed a contract with two Polish Energy manufacturers Energa and Enea to build the 1000MWe ultra-supercritical coal power plant Ostrołęka C. Contract price: $ 1.7B Construction time: 54 months Contract type: turn key On behalf of GE Poland, the contract was signed by Sławomir Żygowski – President of GE Power in Poland. During the signature ceremony, EDC was represented by Marian...more >>
- 06/29/2018Join the unique Flight Simulator EDC Hackathon 2018 on October 12th On Friday, October 12th, participants of the 2nd Edition of EDC Hackathon will start their adventure with designing and programming the cockpit of the Flight Simulator. You can be one of them! During the 9th Night at the Institute of Aviation in Warsaw teams comprised of software and hardware developers will spend 24 hours working on finding the best solution to the special avionics and gaming...more >>
- 06/25/2018Power authorities discussed the future of Energy market at EDC On Thursday, June 21st, at Gas Turbine Center we hosted the Media RoundTable about the future of Power technologies. Among guests there were representatives of the Ministry of Innovation&Technology and Polish authorities of GE: Marian Lubieniecki – Chairman of the Board General Electric Company Polska, Managing Director GE Engineering Design Center, Sławomir Żygowski – President of GE Power in Poland and Michał Małecki – GE Power...more >>