EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 03/14/2018Recruitment for Edison Engineering Development Program has just started We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year’s edition of the Edison Engineering Development Program (EEDP). This is a 2 to 2,5 years corporate program for graduates or soon-to-be graduates in mechanical or electrical engineering, who have a passion for technology and would like to develop their career at EDC. During the program future Edisons will overgo the intense technical training –...more >>
- 03/02/2018EDC is launching Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC – the technology program for women We are happy to announce that we started collecting applications for this year's edition of the workshops Pani Inżynier w Pracy: Akademia EDC. It is a series of four Saturday meetings organized in the form of technical and business trainings. The program starts on April 14th and is dedicated to women students of STEM faculties, who are on their 3rd-5th year of study or for...more >>
- 02/09/2018Take a closer look at our engineering center Engineering Design Center is one of the biggest engineering centers in Europe. If you are curious what are we doing here and how our Polish history of aviation science combines with our EDC engineers’ work, we encourage you to read the article and watch a movie. The article: The city of engineers: How GE’s technology center in Warsaw became a hub for engineers from around the world The movie: The...more >>
- 02/02/2018Too cold for a new adventure? Not for EDC motorcycle riders! While the temperature outside drops far below 0˚C, most of the people think about some cozy shelter. Others just start their preparation for outdoor celebration. Between them – Adam Markiewicz and Aleksandra Grzybowska from the EDC Motorcycle Riders. Last weekend they took part in the Winter Sidecar Festival (Zimowe Święto Kosza), that was held at the private polygon located in forest near Niewierszyn (central Poland)....more >>
- 01/24/2018Argentina warmly welcomed Boeing 737-Max with LEAP 1B engines At the end of last year the first Boeing 737-Max powered by LEAP 1B engines was delivered to one of the customers – Aerolineas Argentina. EDC LEAP Fleet Engineer - Marek Galas was there as the EIS customer on-site support within the LEAP-1B expert connect project. The national carrier announced delivering of the new aircraft and our engines very widely in TV, radio and newspapers (full...more >>