EDC :: Engineering Design Center
Who We Are
EDC is a public-private partnership between General Electric and the Warsaw Institute of Aviation, which was established in 2000 with just 5 employees. Currently, EDC employs more than 1800 engineers and plans to continue growing.
What We Do
Our company works on the world’s toughest engineering challenges in the areas of Aviation, Power and Oil&Gas. We hire top talents individuals and grow them beyond what they could have ever imagined.
We create the future of technology, leveraging years of tradition.
“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” Thomas A. Edison
- 10/25/2018GE Catalyst project was awarded during the prestigious Forum in Uniejów Last week, on Friday and Saturday, October 19th – 20th, during the Międzynarodowe Forum Inteligentnego Rozwoju 3.0 in Uniejów, Paweł Radziszewski, GE Catalyst Project Manager picked up the “Polska Nagroda Inteligentnego Rozwoju” for the Power Turbine in the category: “Innowacja w przemyśle 4.0”. “The award is the result of hard work of the whole team. We finalized the full documentation of the first prototype and entering...more >>
- 10/17/2018EDC Hackathon 2018 finished with success Last Friday, during the 9th Night at the Institute of Aviation we held the programming competition - EDC Hackathon 2018 – Flight Simulator. 16 programmers (4 teams) were chosen to take part in our unique avionics adventure. The task was to make the fully functional and responsive cockpit to be used with the simulator of Cessna 172SP. The competition lasted 24 hours. During this time the...more >>
- 10/17/2018EDC was present at the 9th Night at the Institute of Aviation On Friday, October 12th, EDC took part in the 9th Night at the Institute of Aviation. This year more than 43 000 visitors participated in that enormous nocturnal educational event in Poland, aimed at popularization of aviation and aerospace industry sector in Poland and at promoting engineering professions. 72 EDC engineers were waiting for the guests on the stand in the main hall of the X building...more >>
- 10/12/2018Bizjet with P20 engine designed partially at EDC received important Certification EDC teams had their huge share in getting the Transport Canada Type Certification by the Bombardier flagship - Global 7500 business jet, powered by GE’s Passport engine. Our engineers were working on the engine and nacelle (IPS – Integrated Propolution System) from the very beginning to be part of both Block 1 to Flight Test Program and Block 2 to Entry Into Service configurations, followed by this successful certification....more >>
- 10/11/2018We celebrated 30 days of Mindfulness In September and October, at EDC, we celebrated the Mindfulness Month. This is the program that has been designed by GE in collaboration with Headspace to help employees be more present in their lives. Within this event EDC HealthAhead team organized a series of Mindfulness and Yoga classes. Workshops were led by experienced trainers. One is a member of the Mindfulness Association Poland and the second...more >>